AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Leica laser meter connectivity in Autocad Mobile?

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
2266 Views, 25 Replies

Where is Leica laser meter connectivity in Autocad Mobile?

Hi what happened after the update? The Autocad mobile has gotten worse actually. I’m on the job and can not use my laser meter to input my measurements. Also layers got funny have about 4 blue layers that are dead and can’t be deleted. Really frustrating guys, please sort it out soon.

Thank you R

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

No one here is Autodesk: use the email address in the app to let the programming team know what broke for you with the last update.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

yes i just realised that 😊 Sent an email to support. But main question is does anyone experience the same issue? 

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous

I am also experiencing this problem. I have emailed the support team looking for a solution, but it has not yet been resolved. I work in a department with multiple users of this app and everyone here is experiencing the same problem.

Message 5 of 26
pendean

We are all having the same exact problem, there is no end user fix or trick to address it.

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous

Yes Pendean of course i know that and i can see you keep reminding everyone. I didn’t post it here expecting  a solution, i only wanted to share my frustration and experience. That’s what forums are for right? I m in touch with Yuriy from AutoCAD. If you have any news please share it with rest of us. For now i’m using app called Graphic which works actually pretty well. R

Message 7 of 26
pendean

Nope, the forum is for users to help other users use the software. Not regurgitating pointless problems on somethings we all know does not work and we alone cannot fix

For " share my frustration " send them an email at the address in the app please, they won't ever know if we all don't tell them.

Hope that makes sense and does not read as rude (not my intention).

yes, I'm exploring other apps as well as should everyone else at this point I suspect.

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous

Hey, I thought I was the one experiencing this issue but I'm glad to see that I'm not. I think that it was caused by the update.

ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous

I am also experiencing this problem. Did you resolved it?

please send me an email: sonia@abram-schirdewan.de

Message 10 of 26
Anonymous

Nope no news. I have given up and not using this software right now. Using Graphic on my iPad. Apart of not be able use my laser meter via Bluetooth this software works pretty well , actually better, for technical and architectural drawing have lots of presets.

IMG_4006.PNG 

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous

Experiencing same issues here. No Leica connection and no smart pen functionality. Waiting for Autodesk to fix this.

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous

Experiencing same issues here. No Leica connection and no smart pen functionality. Waiting for Autodesk to have decency and put a downgrade older version that work.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous

Yes that would actually make sense. I really don’t understand their strategy. Maybe they just simply don’t care judging from the way they replied to me.

Message 14 of 26
pendean

Old version is dead: about a year ago they made the big announcement they were porting to the original AutoCAD core that we all got excited about but did not realize what that truly meant.

you'll have to wait for a future update to get the pen back with the rest of us, it could be this week, next month, next quarter, next summer, or... .

We are all just waiting for it.
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous

Just a thing  that it is interesting : on android all commands are working,  but it is hard to make a simple line on a phone screen, even leica it is working. On windows mobile app,  it is the same story, we have all the old commands, not leica suport. Apple probably don't matter to Autocad , or it is not a problem that a app it not work on all operating system. I stop pay the subscription to "premium" it not make any difference.  

Message 16 of 26
pendean

Different platforms, different abilities, different ease of doing things: you are comparing apples to oranges (pun intended).
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous

My issue is that they didn’t even bother to beta test this new version with users signed up for their beta testing group.

They released a public beta over the summer that in no way reflected the planned changes. There was no indication that this update was coming, and most people have auto-update turned on in iOS.

In software development, it’s basic practice to not turn your paying customers into beta testers and that axiom goes even farther for professional software.

They are aware they put out a crippled piece of software with their constant messages of having “limited functionality,” but their support has done nothing to actually respond to user concerns.

I’ve sent out a number of messages, posted a review, and cancelled my subscription. There isn’t anything more you can do except not give a company that treats customers this way your business.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous

The fact they haven’t updated for Android is actually because they care less about the platform, since it likely represents a smaller share of paid subscriptions.

I actually bought a used Android tablet (Galaxy Tab S-Pen) because of the older version still in use to be able to finish an on-site as-built. 

Message 19 of 26
pendean

I do not have any insight into their internal processes sadly.
Message 20 of 26
Anonymous

you will be waiting a long time for a fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report