AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Leica Disto models are compatible with the AutoCAD Mobile App?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
4841 Views, 13 Replies

What Leica Disto models are compatible with the AutoCAD Mobile App?

Hello,

I am struggling to work out from both AutoCAD's and Leica's websites which of the Leica Disto's are compatible with the AutoCAD mobile app? Leica have a few bluetooth laser measures listed on their website and I am not sure which one to get, although I have my eyes on the Leica DISTO D510. None of the listings seem to mention the AutoCAD mobile app in the product description.

Thanks in advance,

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Yes, you can use this model with the your AutoCAD Mobile app. Add measurements from a Leica DISTO laser measurement device directly to your drawing in AutoCAD. Connect the DISTO using the AutoCAD mobile app on your phone tablet. As you draw lines and polylines in the DWG, use the DISTO to update line lengths in real time. http://blogs.autodesk.com/autocad/con...

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 14
sergiowelington
in reply to: natasha.l

I had a free version of AutoCAD mobile on my iPad that I could see the option to add my Leica Disto D2 to the app. However, the minute after I subscribed to premium this option disappeared and now I can't connect my Leica Disto D2 anymore. Can you please help me figuring this out?

Message 4 of 14
pendean
in reply to: sergiowelington

AutoCADMOBILE currently has lost that feature: it is likely to be put back at some future update, no one outside of Autodesk knows when.

Message 5 of 14
sergiowelington
in reply to: pendean

That's very sad. Is there a way to use an older version of AutoCAD mobile
that supports this feature?

They're still showing in their website they're compatible with those
devices. They should be more clear about it.
Message 6 of 14
pendean
in reply to: sergiowelington

You can't go back to an older version as far as I know: but you can find out at your device's app store.

Reread the second sentence of my last reply for your second paragraph.

HTH

Message 7 of 14
grumpygrizzly

I've been using the Disto 2 with my Samsung tablet and it recently stopped working.  No updates took place that I saw.  Hopefully Autodesk will get this working again as soon as possible as I use my Disto and tablet for measuring houses in order to create As-Builts so the clients have plans they can work off of to make changes for permitting.

I've got 7 houses on my list right now that are chomping at the bit for me to get out there and as-built them.  

I always carry a tablet with pen and paper as a backup and so far it's saving me losing clients.  Sure would like to have my Mobile back.

For those that want to get into using the Disto's, take your tablet to your local surveyors supply and test it to make sure it's all compatible.  I have a 330i version where the bluetooth in it wasn't compatible with my tablet.  Luckily I did an online presentation for Orthograph and they sent me a D2 for my help.

I was using Orthograph with my earlier tablet but, for some reason they went quiet and I haven't heard from them in a couple of years.  They got me started in using the Leica's with their software.  The software is $29.99 a month so it's definitely a good bit more than Mobile is.  

Here's a link to their website.  https://www.orthograph.com/  I'm not affiliated with them and I'd much rather have my Mobile Autocad working the way it should be.

Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

The video is now completely incorrect and misleading, as there is currently no way to connect our Leica distos to the most current release of ACAD mobile app .
I use the Leica E7500i for job surveys and would absolutely create my survey plans using the ACAD mobile app on my iPad 11 - it is running the most current iOS.
1) why does Autodesk still show this capability (in a flashy video, no less) to connect to the app when it isn’t possible, and why did this get offered as an answer to the posters problem?
2) is Autodesk completely clueless that this feature has been deleted from their mobile app?
3) can someone please let the programmers know this functionality has been eliminated and/or delete that “help video” and stop using it as a “solution”.

Message 9 of 14
pendean

1) old video, archive web content is a pain in everyone's side.
2) its turned off on purpose as it is unstable ever since they shifted the core product to 30-year-old AutoCAD from a 3rd party software they bought many years ago. Everyone in this forum who's asked the exact same question as you in this exact forum an d in the replies above over the last year now knows.
3) "programmers" only look at emails you send to the email address found in the app: not here in the forum, at not through proxies like the Autodesk-er you are responding to above unfortunately.

HTH

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Really unfortunate.

Was “fingers crossed” that the recent two app updates the last month & 1/2 may bring back Leica connectivity for approved devices. No luck.

And sadly their video is not old. Dated March 2020 on YouTube, autodesk continues to advertise something impossible.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0YGYKWYfvU

Message 11 of 14
tbensonDPDZ4

Is this issue ongoing?  I am not able to connect my new Disto D2 to the mobile app on my phone.  Are there models that are able to connect or does this effect all of them?

Message 12 of 14
pendean
in reply to: tbensonDPDZ4

No change @tbensonDPDZ4
Message 13 of 14
jeff.rst1

AutoCAD Web app 6.2.0 works with the Leica on one of my tablets, 6.6.0 does not.  If this does not get resolved, our company will seek other solutions.  

Message 14 of 14
pendean
in reply to: jeff.rst1

@jeff.rst1 See your other duplicate post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost