AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open shared files on AutoCad Mobile app

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
3215 Views, 10 Replies

Unable to open shared files on AutoCad Mobile app

We've had an AutoCad mobile premium app subscription for a couple of years now and a few months ago started having an issue with opening some of the shared files from the mobile app on any of our iPad or iPhone devices.

When we try to open some of the shared files we receive the following error message, " The file can't be opened at this time, please try uploading it again or contact us for help with opening the file". 

We removed and uploaded the drawings multiple times and then re-shared them with collaborator rights and they still won't open. We've emailed AutoCad's support email twice and still no answer. We just renewed our premium membership a few days ago but now this account isn't working so it's useless and for some reason no one at AutoCad cares about their premium paying members. It is very frustrating and counterproductive for our team. 

That said, we would greatly appreciate any assistance from someone on this forum to help us solve this issue. 

Thank you!

Tarra

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Forgive me, but where exactly are you storing your files? "shared files" isn't detailed enough for remote help.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Good Morning and good point!  Sorry about that!

We are uploading and storing the drawings on the web at https://web.autocad.com/#/filemanager.html

Thank you!

Tarra

Message 4 of 11
pendean

Is this one account shared by many users with many devices?
Or one user with one device?
Are you using the iOS app? the Android App? The Win10 App? Or just webbrowser access per the link you just shared? Which app is the problem? Or is it all of them?

Is the problem with all files, some files? Are the problem files ones that someone opened and second or third person tried to open?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Please see my responses underlined below. 

Is this one account shared by many users with many devices? No, it is one account used by one user. We do have two accounts, one that acts as the administrator and uploads the original drawings to the autocad cloud then shares those drawings with the second account. It's the second account that is unable to open and view some of the shared drawings from the administrator account.   The administrator account has no issues using the web browser or iPad app to open drawings. I assume that is due to the files originating in that account. Once we share the drawings from the administrator account to the second account the issue starts. 

Or one user with one device? Yes, one user one device that is having the issue. 

Are you using the iOS app? the Android App? The Win10 App? Or just webbrowser access per the link you just shared? Which app is the problem? Or is it all of them? We are using the iOS app on an iPad to open the files and view them. The iPad app is the only place we are having issues opening and viewing some files. I have logged into the web browser link to see if I can open the drawings using the second account and I can open and view them without any issues using the web browser.  It appears the iPad app is the issue when we try to open the drawings. 

Is the problem with all files, some files? Are the problem files ones that someone opened and second or third person tried to open?  The problem is with some of the files not all of the shared files. They are only being opened by the one user account and no others. I have had them log out of their iPad app and have logged in as them on another iPad device as well as an iPhone device and the same error happens on any device they are logged into. So it's not the actual iPad device that's faulty it is the second user account through autocad that is faulty.  We have removed and uploaded the drawings again from the administrator account that have the error message and re-shared them with the second account but they still don't work. It also appears that random shared files get affected by this. One day the drawing file works fine and the next week the same file gets an error message and won't open. 

Message 6 of 11
pendean

Thank you for the detailed responses.

From your notes it appears this is solely a account rights-access issue, something I cannot help you with around here. You will need to continue to try and contact MobileApp support team until they respond.

May I ask why you have two accounts if one person only uploads files (and nothing else) and a second person only opens files in the APP (but never uploads them)? Looks to me like one account can be shared between the file-uploader and the app-user if their tasks as so limited and well defined.

Or start using a 3rd party file sharing service: we've never had any issues with our office-wide shared DropBox account with the MobileApp.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Thank you for your assistance on this!

I finally received a response back from the Mobile App support desk and hopefully we can get this issue rectified shortly.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

it is not a rights issue. your suggestion to use dropbox as a solution to AUTOCAD MOBILE not doing what PEOPLE PAY For it to do is ridiculous. 

Someone from AUTOCAD mobile needs to do something about this program. I want all of my money back. I have been paying monthly for a product I rarely need. When I need it it fails. I want money. 

Message 9 of 11
pendean

No one here is "Autodesk": contact the team directly feedback.pro@autocadmobile.com or contact your credit card company/bank and stop payments.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Good Morning,

I just wanted to give you an update on the issues we've been having opening drawings for quite some time now as I believe I've figured out some of the fixes on my own (with no thanks to the AutoCad support team).

I did hear back from the AutoCad support team last year on our issue; however, after I responded back to their inquiry regarding I never received a response back.  I followed up with several other emails since but still never received a response.  This is how they treat their "paying" customers!  Not the best "customer" service.

So, with that said, I set out on my own to try and solve the issue.  I found that the AutoCad mobile app does not work properly on older iPad/iPhone operating systems like iOS 10 for example.  The app will work but has bugs and won't open some drawings one day and others on another day.  So far it has been working correctly on newer iOS systems with no issues.  So if anyone is having issues opening their drawings in the mobile app try upgrading your iPad/iPhone's to a newer model with a new iOS.

I also discovered recently that the AutoCad website based cloud storage where I was uploading the drawing files too was having issues not saving any changes made out in the field using the AutoCad mobile app.  Our technician's would make field modifications and would need to email the drawings from their iPad devices instead because the AutoCad cloud wasn't capturing the changes.

To solve this issue I removed all of our files from the AutoCad website cloud storage and moved them over to our Google Drive account (where you can also share drawings between multiple people) and it has been working flawlessly so far (fingers crossed) since AutoCad recently added Google Drive to work with their AutoCad mobile app.

I hope this information helps anyone else having issues with their AutoCad mobile accounts.  It's a great product when it actually works so I hope they continue to make improvements on it.  What they REALLY need to improve on is their customer support especially for their loyal paying customers!

Regards,

Tarra

Message 11 of 11
convrtx009

You have some software update So that why you can't shared the file. Or another reason that you phone has some problem so you can update your mobile phone software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report