AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace feature in mobile?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rich.conrad
300 Views, 3 Replies

Trace feature in mobile?

I must be missing something, or not understanding something. I was expecting with the trace feature, that i'd be able to simply draw and make hand written notes in the "trace overlay layer". I'm sure i used the wrong terms just now... haha

In the trace video on the autodesk website, it shows in the bottom left corner, Draw, Annotate, Modify, Trace. On my surface pro, I only see Draw, Annotate, Modify. And when i try to even draw a line or box, it won't work... Somehow "Model" at the bottom, next to "Layout", goes into rename mode... I'm using the paid version that comes with our Revit LT and AutoCAD LT license. I also have a new battery in my stylus. But trying to draw a line or rectangle with my mouse, isn't working... Regardless of "Edit On", or "Edit Off".Autocad Trace Question.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: rich.conrad

Which video are you referring to please? Share a link when you can.

I see it fine on the appstore "mobile app", do you just need to ensure it is current or your login is correct?

pendean_2-1675179108908.png

And the webbrowser app (which are basically the same on your OS platform, ever notice the label up top of your app???)

pendean_3-1675179192618.png

pendean_4-1675179277422.png

May I ask why you are using the appstore mobile app on what is a WindowsOS laptop that can run your two LT licenses legally all day long? On my SurfacePro I use the LTs to markup my actual drawing files in the field.

Message 3 of 4
rich.conrad
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your quick response.

This is the video that I watched:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-mobile-app/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU...

Surface Pro 7Surface Pro 7

The reason that I opted to install the app from the microsoft app store was because I assumed it would use less resources than the full version of Autocad LT.... My surface pro 7 is an i3 with only 4gb ram. With just the app and one drawing open, i'm around 88% of ram used... It is my personal, and i'm just testing it out, before i ask to order either new surface pros and pens, or ipads and pens.

I loaded the files from my work computer onto AutoCAD Web. From there, i was able to open them with my surface pro. Some locations that we go to, might now have steady internet, so i'd like to open the file onto the tablet and still edit it. Then either save when i have internet, or save as to the computer.

Maybe there is an easier way, but my whole goal is to be able to simply free hand draw on the drawing.... Is that possible? The SKETCH feature says it is unsupported in the mobile version.... It works fine in my full version, though.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: rich.conrad

Thanks for the link to the video: they are only using the web version there

pendean_0-1675181663144.png

You either have an old MOBILE version or your low-end SurfacePro is somehow adding to the limitation, not sure, but as you see from my screenshots earlier, it is working fine here.

You could try removing the app, restarting your Surface, then reinstalling it to see if that helps. Otherwise create a custom layer in your files and draw only there as a workaround when you need to use the mobile app.

There is no sketching AFAIK, sorry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report