AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems uploading to dropbox after offline period

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ole-jakob.olsen
199 Views, 2 Replies

Problems uploading to dropbox after offline period

Hello,

Im using AutoCAD mobile to map inside tunnels. Occasionally we loose internet connectivity due to the obvious of being underground. 

I was working in a file that was uploaded to dropbox. It was automatically saved about halfway through our work. Then we briefly lost our internet connection. Nothing happened in the app, so we kept working, and once we got the internet back my impression was that the files were once again being synced. Now I'm back in the office trying to access my data through dropbox. The app says it's synced, but according to dropbox the last update to the file was several hours ago, and only about half of the data from the eariler parts of the day is there. I can open the "latest version" in the app, but there is no way to save it or export it. I have also tried "plotting", but it doesnt work, I get an error. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: ole-jakob.olsen

it could be that your desktop PC's dropbox sync folder may not have completed the process?

Message 3 of 3
ole-jakob.olsen
in reply to: pendean

@pendean I dont think the desktop PC is related to the problem. Yesterday we had the same thing, after mapping without internet connection, the file wouldn't upload to dropbox. We are checing on several devices if the file is updating on Dropbox, and it certainly isn't. However, it allowed "sharing" the file by e-mail, so this time we did get the data. The filename of the dwg was appended with "(Conflicted Copy)", so I would assume this whole thing is basicly due to dropbox and AutoCAD mobile struggeling to handle different versions of the file after the loss of internet connection.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost