AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t plot

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
1522 Views, 14 Replies

Can’t plot

Hello

I need to be able to save drawings created in AutoCAD Mobile as .pdf files, but when I tap on the save icon, there is no option for this. There are only the options to save it to certain apps, or to save it to the Files app. I’m using the latest version (5.0.1) on an iPad running iOS 13.1.3.

Can someone please tel me how to save a drawing to .pdf?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

It no longer exists.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I see. Thank you for this information.

Is there any way to export the drawing in a format other than .dwg?

Message 4 of 15
pendean

Not that I can tell so far.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Thank you for your reply.

I’m afraid I don’t understand why projects can’t be transferred between two AutoDesk products like AutoCAD Mobile and Formit.

Message 6 of 15
SEANDOUGHTIE1773

AutoCAD v5.0 iOS. Where is the plot or export? Are we going backwards in capabilities?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: SEANDOUGHTIE1773

Ye, apparently so.  They've removed some very essential features, but keep our subscription money.  They say that a new version is on the way, but when?  What do we do until then when we need to export a drawing or plot it?  And why do we have to let our subscription continue with a partially disabled app?  

Message 8 of 15
pendean

It's cheaper than a gym membership 🙂

Honestly, if you are still paying specifically for mobile (and it's not a free perk for you paying for something else at Autodesk) you probably need a reality check about now. My 2cents worth.
Message 9 of 15
SEANDOUGHTIE1773

Its apparently has something to do with changes to iOS. Which begs you to ask, why the heck don’t they use the print libraries in iOS so that when they change it doesn’t break the app. Or at the very least let us ‘send to acrobat’.

Message 10 of 15
SEANDOUGHTIE1773

What product do you suggest, I do pay for a subscription for it.

Message 11 of 15
pendean
in reply to: SEANDOUGHTIE1773

Visit your device's app store and start testing what is available, what works for you may not work for others. Make sure you understand your app store's cancel/refund policies as well as any trial periods those apps may offer.

Search terms like AutoCAD and DWG work for most of us.

Message 12 of 15

I use pdf converter app , that adds back ability to print pdf ... the scale goes kaboom tho

Message 13 of 15

There is a pdf converter app on ios?

Message 14 of 15
yuriy.yakovlev

Hi all,

We are happy to announce that the latest version of AutoCAD mobile app for iOS (v. 5.7.4) contains Plot to PDF feature.
Please check out the new version and let us know what you think here or at feedback@autocadmobile.com

Thank you for your feedback and your time! Your opinion means a lot to us.

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: yuriy.yakovlev

Great news. Thanks for posting this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report