Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAVING AND IMPORTING LAYOUTS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
540 Views, 3 Replies

SAVING AND IMPORTING LAYOUTS

I HAVE CREATED AND SAVED SEVERAL LAYOUTS TO IMPORT INTO MY DRAWINGS.  CAN I SOME HOW ATTACH MY STANDARD TITLE BLOCK AND VIEWPORT TO THE LAYOUT SO WHEN I IMPORT THE LAYOUT, THE TITLE BLOCK AND VIEWPORT IMPORTS WITH IT AS PART OF THE LAYOUT? I AM USING 2011MEP.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not sure about the viewports but what you are describing for the titleblocks is exactly how the sheets functionality of the project navigator works.  You set  different types of sheets to bring in different titleblocks.  I am unsure if any viewports will transfer over.

Of course if you just import a layout from a drawing then your titleblock and settings will all come in.  I am not sure about the viewports though.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

G'day,

You may want to create your titleblock and viewports in the layout tab then save them as a standard drawing. Once you have done this, creat a new drawing, right click the layout tab and select "from template" and select the drawing with your titleblock/viewports saved in the layout tab for that drawing. This will import all layout tabs within that drawing.

Hopes this is helpful!

Jason

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Keith.Brown

THANK YOU FOR THE INPUT.  DO YOU KNOW OF ANY TUTORIALS THAT GO THROUGH SETTING UP THE PROJECT NAVIGATOR? I HAVE PLAYED WITH IT A LITTLE BUT THERE IS ALOT TO IT AND I DO THE LEARN IT AS YOU GO THING SO I DON'T KNOW ALOT OF THE 'INS AND OUTS'.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report