Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insulation Display Bug??

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Keith.Brown
707 Views, 1 Reply

Insulation Display Bug??

I am having a display issue with insulation being displayed on ductwork when I have it turned off in the display manager.  My firm is using the construct->view->sheet file method.  In my construct file I have ductwork with insulation and ductwork with liner.  I have the insulation turned off in plan view and the liner modified to show up as a yellow color with a linetype of HIDDEN2.  I have made no modifications to the insulation other than to turn off the display in plan view.  In the view file, everything displays identically to the construct file, as it should as it is only being xref'ed in.  However, in the sheet file, insulation now shows up and instead of displaying as a solid line as I would expect it to, it is being displayed with a HIDDEN2 linetype identically to the liner.  Just for the fun of it, I went into the display manager for the construct, view, and sheet file, and the insulation for ductwork is turned off for all 3 files and the linetype is set to BYBLOCK.  Addtionally, in the project settings, I have the Match Sheet View layers to View enabled.

Has anyone else encountered this bug?  Or am I just doing something wrong?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Just as an update, I figured out what was causing the problem.  Display by elevation was not turned on in the sheet file.  I can only assume that this was confusing Autocad MEP and it didnt know how to display the insulation so it guessed. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report