Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Automatically center multiple room tags

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
natalia.sandoval.quezada
485 Views, 6 Replies

Automatically center multiple room tags

Hi community!

I am struggling with creating room tags for spaces existing on an X-REF, and putting them in their right position. So far I can use two varians of the tool "Room tag" under Annotate > Scheduling, both very time consuming, creating "Multi-view block reference" objects:

nataliasandovalquezada_3-1698762244152.png

1. To create a room tag by clicking on it and then accepting the <Centered> condition by pressing "enter", which allows me to set one tag at a time, centered to its room. Then I shall continue with this method for every room I want to tag.

nataliasandovalquezada_1-1698761976454.png  โ†’  nataliasandovalquezada_2-1698762043423.png

2. To create 1 room tag as described previously, and then to choose the [Multiple] option, selecting several rooms at a  time to create their correspondant tags, which automatically will end up in a corner. Then I need to move every individual tag to a more centered position (except for the first one created, which will automatically be centered to its room).

nataliasandovalquezada_4-1698762353673.png  

โ†“

nataliasandovalquezada_5-1698762448719.png 

โ†“

nataliasandovalquezada_6-1698762537164.png

โ†“

nataliasandovalquezada_8-1698763606956.png

So, my question is if there is any way to create centered tags for multiple spaces? Or at least to center those tags afterwards.

Thanks in advance! You will help me saving hours per file if you have a solution ๐Ÿ™‚

Labels (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I just tested this myself and all my "multiple" tags are inserted in the center.

1. Audit your drawing.

2. Close AutoCAD and Press 'window+R' on your keyboard. Type %temp% to access the windows temp folder. Delete everything in here that your can. 

3. Restart your computer.

I've found that AutoCAD MEP can get wonky if the computer hasn't been restarted(not shutdown) in a while or if the there's too many temp files. This usually fixes my problems when I'm having problems with the program.

Message 3 of 7

Hi!

Thank you for your reply ๐Ÿ™‚

I have tried what you suggested, nontheless it did not help improving the result, which was exactly the same described in my post.

I don't have any other solutions to try so far, sadly.

Message 4 of 7

I tried to reproduce your problem but it works correctly here. The tag is centered correctly.
Maybe post it on the AutoCAD Architecture forum, there is David Koch who is an expert on this and he will probably help you.
Attach the files involved for easy analysis and reproduction of the problem.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your reply.

Well, oh no! Then I am not sure what the issue with our computers is, since my colleagues have the exact same problem.

I don't know if it will actually help to post it on the AutoCAD Architecture forum, since it is an AutoCAD MEP issue ๐Ÿค”. Do you think it is interchangable in this matter?

Message 6 of 7

Room Tags and Spaces are native entities of AutoCAD Architecture.
I think you will get a much better answer by posting on the AutoCAD Architecture forum.

I didn't see David Koch answer on the AutoCAD MEP forum, but on the AutoCAD Architecture forum he did and I think he is a person with vast experience who can solve it. Post here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-forum/bd-p/248.
If possible, post the files involved to facilitate analysis since I was unable to reproduce the problem here.
The problem may be related to the MultiViewBlock tag, insertion point, attribute alignments, etc.

Message 7 of 7

Ok, I'll do so. Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report