AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Link error IVL008

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
485 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Link error IVL008

I have just installed Inventor Link and am having difficulties using it. My goal is to have an associative .iam file in model space which the "import" command does not do so I must use inventor link.

I can start a new inventor link just fine, and when I update the inventor file, there is a message on the status bar in Autocad Mechanical that says "a new version of the part is ready. However, the problem arises when I try to right click the Inventor link symbol on the status bar and click "Select project." I get error code - IVL008: The active project file cannot be changed while Inventor files are opened.

I have closed all inventor files, closed the application, and even restarted my computer without opening inventor. The error message persists.

I understand that sometimes Inventor does not close all files and so I went to Application Menu > close > close all, however that doesn't work either.

Can anyone give me any clues as to what I should try to update the linked .iam? or any other solution as to how I would make an imported file associative would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
VinodBalasubramanian
in reply to: Anonymous

Inventor link had some issues with the current release of 2017. Is there a possibility of you testing model documentation instead,

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/201...

We are working towards a resolution for Inventor link on AutoCAD Mechanical 2017.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 3

I am having this same issue between Autocad Mechanical 2022 and Inventor 2022. I have all Inventor files closed but for some reason it still will not let me update the linked parts in Autocad Mechanical 2022. It gives me the error ILV008. I have gone through the task manager and made sure that no Inventor files are open but it still gives me this error message. I have not found any good videos or information about how to use Inventor Link in Autocad Mechanical 2022.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report