AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Earth and AutoCAD

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Yashasvi23481
1972 Views, 5 Replies

Google Earth and AutoCAD

Hi Support,

I am using AutoCAD 2018 Mechanical. I have a task on hand coming. I need to get layout of site from Google Earth onto AutoCAD Mechanical. I researched and downloaded CAD Earth from featured Apps. In select coordinate systems, after finding my country, how do I know which Grid and EPSG is correct ? This is when I am setting georeference Parameters. 

Where do I start ? Can someone guide me please. I looked into YouTube videos but there are videos with no commentary just clicks. Person looks Pro who knows what to do. Is there any start guide for novice user to use CAD Earth ? 

Any help will be very much appreciated. Few errors I came across is Google Earth KML file not found ! Drawing is not geo referenced when I insert an object. 

Thanks and Regards,

Yash

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Yashasvi23481

Autodesk switched to BingMaps some time ago now.

If you want to use a 3rd party add-in, you need to go ask them for help https://www.cad-earth.com/hesk/

Message 3 of 6
Yashasvi23481
in reply to: pendean

Hi Pendean,

Thanks for quick reply. Ok, so how does Bingmaps and AutoCAD work ? mainly coordinate systems and location and finally scaling. Is there any help desk for Bing Maps ? I did see there are multiple options besides CAD Earth and Bing Maps was one of the environment. How do I uninstall CAD Earth I downloaded ? 

Regards,

Yash

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Recently we also tested CADEarth but it was very unstable, very complex and with poor results.

Did you try Plex.Earth? https://plexearth.com

It's our everyday tool for more than 5 years with impressive reliability and results.

In my opinion, if you want to do your job Plex.Earth is a no-brainer because apart from the impressive functionality and performance, they also provide exceptional customer support.

Message 5 of 6
Yashasvi23481
in reply to: pendean

Hi Bacos and Pendean,

I have done with Geographic reference using Plex Earth 4 using free trial. Every time, I try and use Google Earth to get images or KML, I get an error saying. Google Earth cannot be connected at this time. Connection could not be set up. I have downloaded both Google chrome and Explorer 11 as per recommendation. 

I have outlined the map and created an AutoCAD boundary line. Want to bring Google image to AutoCAD. How do I do this ? As per your guideline, I am stuck at step 2. 

Please help.

Regards,

Yash

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Yash,

No Google chrome. You must download Google Earth Pro for Desktop (it's free).

You can download if from here:

https://www.google.com/earth/download/gep/agree.html

After installation, open AutoCAD and start Plex.Earth.

Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report