AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Recovery Issues

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tgg901
3968 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing Recovery Issues

I have a drawing that every time I open it goes to drawing recovery and it passes with no errors. I purged all blocks and save but when I open the drawing again it starts in recovery and gives the message "Audit detected no errors in recovered database." and opens.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
steve216586
in reply to: tgg901

Block out the drawing and paste it into a "clean" drawing. Sometimes this just happens for no apparent reason. 

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 6
tgg901
in reply to: steve216586

Ok I found the issue. I have found these nodes (see attachment) on my drawing. It's named ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY ON LAYER AM_12.

I'm not sure where they came from but I erased them, saved the drawing and it reopens without the recovery process.

Problem fixed!

If anyone can tell me how these were inserted and what purpose they serve would help me in the future.

Thank you Steve for replying with your response but don't need to block out the drawing now.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
Shiploose
in reply to: tgg901

These are entities created by either vertical versions of AutoCAD (like CIVIL or ARCHITECTURE etc.), or third-party add-ons. ACAD_PROXY_ENTITIES can also be objects that are normal autocad objects from a more current version that have no functionality in an older version.  Example is say, multi-leaders.  They would work in 2010(?) and up, but they are frozen proxy entities in an older version.

Message 5 of 6
ThomasRourke
in reply to: Shiploose

You can try running a recover. Just type in RECOVER in your command line, it will then ask you to select your file. If that does not work, in your open drawing dialog box, right click on your drawing name, select the properties option, then select the previous options tab. There should be a few versions, highlight the one you want and select the view button, it might take a minute, but a dialog box will show up saying it is a read-only drawing. Select ok, and it will open up the drawing and if it is what you want you can do a save as and overwrite the corrupt file.

Message 6 of 6
wydinya
in reply to: ThomasRourke

I was getting a request to recover every time I opened some drawings. Mainly from one contractor. When recovered however, no faults were found and it would do the same thing the next time I opened the drawing. this is in autocad mechanical 2016.

I found that if I saved the drawing to a 2007 version drawing, purged it, then it would open without the recovery request. I then purged the drawing once opened again a heap of extra stuff was purged out of the drawing. 

Hope this helps someone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost