AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We dont use ribbon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
487 Views, 4 Replies

We dont use ribbon

Hi, we dont use ribbon, why? Because people work in autocad 10years and up and wont use it!

We found out in 2016 version that is colors of toolbar ugly and icon is not visible like in autocad 2012

A lot of people use command status bar but steel use icon

put in service pack

1.) we had problems with mouse jumping after install autocad map 2016 and found out that is problem in Connect.Service.ContentService.exe process

please put repaire

2.) please give in options, color sheme like is in autocad 2012:

Dark color sheme  but more grey and toolbars little grey.  Or give possibility to change toolbars myself

3.) please give option for osnap, ortho, polar,... to be in TEXT nad not only icons, WE HATE IT

you must understant i work from autocad 14! 

4.) Put in workspaces back AUTOCAD CLASSIC.

I use a lot of others programs in autocad and I need it! They dont have all ribbon!

5.) list of changes what happen if i save from autocad 2016 to *.2010 or *.2004

A lot of people use old programs and I want to know what will program do if i save from *2013 to *2010 what will missing

6.) Quicker start whene open dwg from outlook and explorer, I have users which dont have open autocad but every time open and close *.dwg from explorer and...  and in new autocad in very long start

7.) whene we install autocad map 2016 - open normaly autocad and not autocad map, please put two icon for autocad and for autocadmap!!

Katarina

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

IDEAS forums are for new concepts and features you want to add to the program: bug fixes (predominantly what you are looking for help with) can be addressed in the MAP forum https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d/ct-p/72 and/or the AutoCAD forum  https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017/bd-p/706 .

Consider posting there now to solve most of your issues, if you want them solved.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

just a few comments.

>> we dont use ribbon, why? Because people work in autocad 10years

This is an often used argument, similar to we used to ride horses, why using a car. You might resist progress, but I'm not sure if that is the best option for the future.

Nowadays the ribbons have extended functionality (especially the context ribbons) you can't get that efficient by using just toolbars.

It's up to get a trainer, take a day or two to see how to work with ribbons, then use one to three weeks (depending on how many hours a day your employees work with AutoCAD) to get used to the ribbons. After some weeks nobody wants to change back to the classic interface.

>> we had problems with mouse jumping after install autocad map 2016 and found

>> out that is problem in Connect.Service.ContentService.exe process

Did you report the exact behaviour to Autodesk? I never heard about this service can influence the mouse, do you have a link or details showing the exact issue?

>> please give option for osnap, ortho, polar,... to be in TEXT nad not only icons, WE HATE IT

>> you must understant i work from autocad 14! 

I'm working with AutoCAD since release 1.4 and I'm willing to see that some changes are necessary, even if I don't like them.

My opinion to that: there exit bugs which should be repaired with higher priority than changing icon-buttons to text-buttons (it's easy to get used to some icons).

>> Put in workspaces back AUTOCAD CLASSIC.

It can easily be done, just a few clicks >>>click<<<

>> I use a lot of others programs in autocad and I need it! They dont have all ribbon!

Doesn't matter, you can use ribbons and toolbars at the same time. So use ribbons for the AutoCAD or Map3D functions, use the additional toolbars from your additional app's.

>> A lot of people use old programs and I want to know what will program do if i save from *2013 to *2010 what will missing

That would really be a great, to have something like that. But I guess it's not possible to get such a list, I think there even does not exist a complete list internally at Autodesk.

What I can suggest: my working files are always stored in the current DWG format.

Whenever anyone want's to have a drawing saved back then I do that with a copy of the DWG, but never with the original one.

Depending on what type of objects are in the drawing you might just use _SAVEAS to save back, or command _-EXPORTTOAUTOCAD or command _MAPEXPORTCURRENTMAPTODWG.

>> Quicker start whene open dwg from outlook and explorer,

How should Autodesk repair the operating system or Outlook?

If starting of AutoCAD Map 3D generally takes a long time then use an SSD, disable online access of AutoCAD, clean temp-folder(s) and depending on the antivirus system it might help to exclude some areas (well, be careful to not open doors with such changes)

>> please put two icon for autocad and for autocadmap!!

You do have the option during installation, within the customized installation you can enable a separate start-icon for (vanilla) AutoCAD

Just my 2c, feel free to create items in the idea station as Dean mentioned, but test first what's already possible and what is really necessary for you and your workflow!

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 5
Murph_Map

Sounds to me like you keep buying a Ferirri but want it to drive like a Model T 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 5
braudpat

Hello

I am using ACAD since 1984 (ACAD R1.4) so I love the classic interface But sometimes I use the Ribbon because contextuel ribbons are Great !

Today I am 40% Ribbon...

Regards, Patrice
Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta