AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to display data table

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
4317 Views, 18 Replies

Unable to display data table

Hi all, I'm completely new to AutoCAD, so I'm trying to go through the tutorials.

I'm stuck at the part where they tell you how to open a data table.

I select a feature layer, click on Table and... nothing happens.

This is what's in the command line:

Command:
_+MapDataTable Enter the Feature Source Name <none>: Library://SDF_1.FeatureSource Enter the Schema Name <none>: Schema Enter the Class or Table Name <none>: Parcels Enter the Layer Name <none>: Library://Parcels.LayerDefinition
Command: nil

Probably something obvious, but I just can't find out.

Thanks for helping!

Labels (2)
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

Matt,
Welcome to the Autodesk Forums.
Doesn't look like there's any data in your SDF file. Can you post it? (You might need to Zip the file to post.)
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

Hi Dave,

I dowloaded the tutorial data from here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/getting-started/caas/simplecontent/content/map...

I tried to download it again, but now it doesn't even contain the Parcels.SDF file

Regards,

Matthijs

Message 4 of 19
Pointdump

Matt,
OK, I grabbed "Tutorial Data-Analyzing Data 2.zip" which I've attached. Easiest way to get started is to Drag-n-Drop the file "Assessor_Parcels.sdf" into a blank new drawing. Notice that Map 3D will automatically assign a CA-I Coordinate System. In the Task Pane you can bring up the Data Table 2 ways. Click on "Parcels" and then click the "Table" Icon, or right-click and choose "Show Data Table".

DataTable_1.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, I still get the same result.

The Data Table just doesn't show.

I'm not sure if this is of any help, but the Command line shows:

Command:
_+MapDataTable Enter the Feature Source Name <none>: Library://Assessor_Parcels.FeatureSource Enter the Schema Name <none>: Schema1 Enter the Class or Table Name <none>: Parcels Enter the Layer Name <none>: Library://Parcels.LayerDefinition
Command: nil

Message 6 of 19
ChicagoLooper

Is your data (your SDF) displayed as a layer in the Map Task Pane? Would it be possible to upload a screen shot of your map task pane? And the SDF file, can it be uploaded to the forum for troubleshooting?

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

Yes, I've attached a screenshot.

I can't upload the SDF file, I get this error:

Message 8 of 19
Pointdump

Matt,
Whenever this Forum gets picky about a file type, just Zip it and it will be accepted.
As for the Data Table not showing, that's a head-scratcher. Let's try the obvious first. Is it maybe moving off screen? Read >>>Here<<<.
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 9 of 19
ChicagoLooper

An SDF is Autodesk's version of a geodatabase. It's easy to learn, especially if you already have a geospatial background. It can handle multiclasses, it's editable and unlike ESRI, it's just a single file so it's highly portable.

The problem with SDFs is its popularity. Aside from diehard Map3D users, its never used. Its not an extension that others can export for AutoCAD users to use and if others receive an SDF file they can't open them unless they run Map3D, Civil3D or Infraworks. It's the smart freckled-face-buck-toothed-clumsy-kid that no one wants on their dodgeball team. Too bad. Make friends with freckle face and he'll probably let you copy his answers on the next math test.

Most, if not all, SDFs are homegrown, meaning someone,someplace has tried their hand at compiling a geospatial file probably because they don't know how to, or aren't cofortable doing it as a shapefile. I know, I know, it should be just as easy either way but dabblers will be dabblers. BTW, I've never seen an online site offering a download in SDF format.

I doesn't look like your problem is with AutoCAD and your workflow looks good so far. If you can connect to the data and it shows up on your Task Pane then that's half the battle. The other half is assigning an appropriate coordinate system so your data plops down where it's suppose to. Do your parcels appear in modelspace? If you turn on Bing Hybrid do the parcels look like they belong in the neighborhood? How about uploading another screenshot?

Intuition tells me something is in that SDF that shouldn't be and that screwwed things up. Or maybe

something that should be there isn't. I'd take a careful look at the ingredients that making up the data. After that, I'd take a look at the recipe because the instructions weren't followed.

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 10 of 19
Pointdump

Matt,
Just now I tried using Command MapDataTable. I don't get any of the Command Line Info you got.

DataTable_2.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 11 of 19
fieldguy

it looks like your dialogs are not displaying.  Have you checked acad system variables "FILEDIA=1" and "CMDDIA=1"?

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the tip.

The display settings did not do the trick, unfortunately.

I put the SDF in the attachment.

Message 13 of 19
Pointdump

Matt,
After using your attached SDF, I'm getting that same strange Command Line info. I've never seen that before, but now anytime I look at a Table, no matter SDF or SHP, I get that same "<none>:" info.
I am able to bring up the Data Table, so I'm guessing your problem is a hide-n-seek Data Table Window. Did you try both of @fieldguy 's setting recommendations? Did you try everything in the link I posted, particularly changing to a different User Profile?

DataTable_3.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 14 of 19
parkr4st

two commands

MapDataTable

&

+MapDataTable

first opens a table

second opens the dialog

at the first prompt enter the  feature source name and either enter more at the prompts of enter until past them

Make a difference?

Dave P

Message 15 of 19
Pointdump
in reply to: parkr4st

Hey Dave P,
I didn't know there were 2 Commands.
OK, so now every time I click the Table Icon or Right-Click and select Show Data Table, I get that "<none>:" information in the Command Line. If I use the Command MapDataTable, then I don't. But the next time I click the Table Icon or Right-Click and select Show Data Table, it's back to +MapDataTable. So what thing changed, and how can I change it back to no "+"?
Dave S

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 16 of 19
parkr4st

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles... provides and explanation.

Doesn't make sense to me.  I never have used the commands, always the button or right click.

Message 17 of 19
Pointdump
in reply to: parkr4st

Dave P,
"at the first prompt enter the feature source name and either enter more at the prompts of enter until past them. Make a difference?"
Doesn't allow you to enter anything. Just rushes through all that and then says, "Command: nil".

DataTable_4.png

Dave S

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

Hi Dave,

So, I switched to a different user account.

Now the data table does show up.

Must be something with my user account then.

Thanks!

Message 19 of 19
O_Eckmann

Hi,

Position and size of palet for datatable is stored in file profiles.aws. You can remove this file, but you loose your setting for all palette, or you car edit this aws (xml) file to remove only section of MAPDATATABLE to recreate new one with good position on screen.

I've made a little screencast on how to do that.

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report