AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions about mapannotations

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
580 Views, 4 Replies

Two questions about mapannotations

After i import an shp file (with lines in it), I would like to make Autocadmap 3D to write out some of the lines object datas. The lines are having OD-s such as lenght, height at the beginning and at the end, material etc. 

I could make Acad to write out the heights at the end and at the beginning, and lenght in center with making a template with _mapanntemplate and added _mapanntext in them, and then with _mapanninsert I insert the templates.

My first question is this: is it possible to make autocad write out these notation texts with automatically adjusting the rotataion of the texts to the rotation of each lines?

My other question is: is it possible to make annotations with multileaders / leader objects, or just only with text?

Autocad Map 3D 2021 with windows 10 64 bit.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Edit: I could solve the rotation problem!

The second question is still lives tho.

Message 3 of 5
Pointdump

Laszlo,
To bring your 2nd question more fully to life, how about an example of what you'd like to see?
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 5
braudpat

Hello

>>> My other question is: is it possible to make annotations with multileaders / leader objects, or just only with text ? <<<

If I understand well your question : NO !

AutoCAD MAP Annotations can't fill AutoCAD MultiLeader / Leader Objects !

THE HEALTH (Stay Safe, Stay Home, Stay Live), Happy New Year, Bye, Patrice

(The Retired Old French EE Froggy)

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
ChicagoLooper

You want this:

• Height at beginning
  • Height at end
  • Length

What kind of objects is the data related to? Is the data related to lines, arcs, something else? Can you describe it? 

Please provide a detailed description regarding what you expect to accomplish?

Using an Annotation Template may not be the best way to get height at beginning, height at end and  the length. Would you be willing to use something that's NOT an Annotation Template if you could STILL accomplish your goal? 

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report