AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Tab Use

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Gary_Braun
307 Views, 1 Reply

Survey Tab Use

I'm playing with the Survey Data Stores on the Survey Tab, trying get an idea of how they work and whether or not it's worth trying to use them in our workflow. I've created the SDF datastore, added some projects, imported points and moved them into point groups and everything sort of works as it's supposed to up to that point. The Help documentation on this topic also talks about adding a Survey as an orgaizational group within a project, and then the point groups would be organized with the surveys. Unfortunately the help topic does not say how to create these surveys, and no amount of clicking around on the varoius items on the survey tab have come up with anything either, so does anybody know how to do this - create a survey within a project?

On a related note, does anybody actually use these survey datastores in Map 3D?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
in reply to: Gary_Braun

Hi Gary,

It sounds like you have done every right.  I fully understand where you are at (I've been there myself).  To create a Survey Project, the Survey Module is needed which runs by launching AutoCAD Map 3D, connecting to an Enterprise Industry Model Project that contains the Survey Model. 

Here is an Autodesk Knowledge Network article: Configuring Survey Projects that details more of this information. 

I do know there are people using the Survey Data Stores in AutoCAD Map 3D.  I am not sure of anyone using the Survey Model in production.  I will ask around and see what I can find out for you.

Thanks,

Deron Smith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta