AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating 2D Model Space "view" / Rotating "ortho"

45 REPLIES 45
SOLVED
Message 1 of 46
Anonymous
126459 Views, 45 Replies

Rotating 2D Model Space "view" / Rotating "ortho"

I'm working on a map (north is up). It fits better on an 11 X 17 sheet if it's tilted a bit, which I can do in a layout viewport.

I'd like to be able to also tilt (rotate? reorient?) the map in model space so it fits on the screen easier (and looks the same as in the tilted viewports)

How do I do this? (I just want it to look tilted, but not have any of the coordinates change, not actually rotate any objects, etc.)

I've been looking for some widget or some command that will tell me how many degrees the model space view is tilted, and that would allow me to input "23 degrees" or something, but I can't find it.

ALSO  (bonus question  .  .  .  ) if I work in the "tilted" model space, is there a way to set ortho so that it doesn't tilt with the map? (so that even if the map is tilted, I can draw a rectangle that is straight "up/down left/right" on my screen.

Thanks for your help,

David

AutoCAD Map 3D 2010/2011

45 REPLIES 45
Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Is there a lisp that does next: when we set rectangle from the model in layout horizontal, positions the top left edge of the rectangle to the top left edge of the viewport?

Message 42 of 46
dmitrijus

Hello, do you know what is alternative to dview twist on autocad 2021 ? It doesnt work as i use to on autocad 2010. Any idea? 

thanks 

Message 43 of 46
AllenJessup
in reply to: dmitrijus

I don't see any difference in 2021.1 same command as in years past. Some people use a UCS. There are a lot of other suggestions in this thread.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 44 of 46
dmitrijus

I am using autocad LT 2021
I just realised that dview > twist - doesn't exist on LT version.
I am trying to find the way to solve my problem as XREF is all over the show ...... before I use to move all drawings on original file by opening xref and rotating to the position I need to - however original drawing then is rotated and let say elevation goes from left to right not from top to bottom. Does it make sense or shall create a new tread with pictures ?
Message 45 of 46
AllenJessup
in reply to: dmitrijus

I'd suggest you start a new thread in the AutoCAD LT forum. They'll have more experience dealing with this.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 46 of 46
dmitrijus

Thank you Sir!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report