AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me modify Select by Object Data script

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ionita_traian81
306 Views, 4 Replies

Please help me modify Select by Object Data script

Hello, this .lsp allows to select objects based on object data attached to them. Upon activating it asks the user to select the table to look into, what field, what value and the logical operator. However, I have polylines that represent optical fiber; some segments have a single cable, some have multiple - so I have multiple tables, one for each cable

The required modification would be to:

1. look in all tables at once

2. be able to define multiple filters at once; for example filter for name and origin at the same time, eg. cable name B004 originating from Manhole81

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @ionita_traian81 

If your objects have Object Data (OD), then you can perform Query Current Drawing. 

A query will can evaluate an OD Table for a specific Value in a Field.

You can query multiple Values in multiple Fields simultaneously.

You can even query multiple Tables simultaneously.

You may also query every square inch in Modelspace or just a specific 'area' in Modelspace.

You can define specific area to query by drawing a closed rectangle.

You can also define your area using any shape of polygon. 

Depending on your drawing file, you can also query non-object data parameters, such items (or values) displayed in the Properties Palette. For example, you may query all objects on a specific Layer or all objects with an elevation greater than 997.

You don't necessarily need LISP. A query can take you far whether you have object data or not.

Can you share your cable drawing containing object data?  Can you also provide an example of objects you want to isolate based on a predetermined set of conditions? 

Image-1Image-1

Image-2Image-2

Chicagolooper
Message 3 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: ionita_traian81

Hello @ionita_traian81 

Please find a better version vs 2.02 of the famous routine "Sel_By_OD" from Bruno  ( @CADaSchtroumpf )

This new version 2.02 solves a bug related on test "different" with string OD Fields !

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 5

This is great, I only need to reorganize the tables a bit and this built in functionality will save a lot of time! Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
ionita_traian81
in reply to: braudpat

Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta