AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Base Layer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1734 Views, 4 Replies

Map Base Layer

Hi.  I am working with layers in Map.  What I am trying to do is use workflows to add Map layers to a current DWG file.  Is there a way to add these layers behind/below the current DWG linework? Or is there any way to move the base layer higher in the draw order within the workflow?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
WarrenGeissler
in reply to: Anonymous

In the CHANGE FEATURE LAYER PROPERTIES, scroll down to find the Draw Order Option:

Capture.PNG

Warren Geissler
Drafting Manager Denver Water

Please ACCEPT AS SOLUTON if this works
(...and doesn't melt your computer or cause Armageddon)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: WarrenGeissler

I have worked with that a bit.  When adding layers to the workflow, the draw order drop down doesn't seem to add the layers below the base layer.  At the end of the workflow I could then reposition all the layers I need below the base, but that would require so many moves, that moving the base layer would be easier, but the manager does not give the option to change the base layer feature properties.

Message 4 of 5
WarrenGeissler

Yep - I think you've run into the limitation of workflows. Though why you add a Map Layer called "Map Base" and don't allow it's use in a workflow has always been beyond me.

Warren Geissler
Drafting Manager Denver Water

Please ACCEPT AS SOLUTON if this works
(...and doesn't melt your computer or cause Armageddon)

Message 5 of 5
rodEJN36

Had the same issue my workaround was to have a group with the default map at the top in my template.

Just in case anyone ends up here looking for an answer like I was.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report