AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup Tables in AutoCAD Map 3d 2015

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
704 Views, 8 Replies

Lookup Tables in AutoCAD Map 3d 2015

Hi Everyone

I am in the process of getting to grips with ACad Map 3d 2015.

If i have a tablespace in Oracle called  E_Transformer for example can i create a look up table to find out the particular manufacturer for the transformer ?

Are there any restriction in using look up tables?

any help would be appreciated

thanks K

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi K,

I'm assuming you are refering to Industry Models in Map? If not - then you need to explain what you are doing.

In Electric industry model there is a table called el_transformer.

In Map Industry Models you also have tables ending with TBD, such as EL_TRANSFOMER_TBD. Those TBD tables are "look-up" tables, in Map they are called "domain tables". And yes, you can create your own domain tables - but you don't create them in Oracle but in Map Administrator.

Further information about domain tables can be found in Map help. Restrictions: there structure is always the same  - you should not add any further fields to a domain table. In order to operate as domain tables the table name needs to end with "tbd".

Good luck, Rob

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks very much for the reply , although the response from my end was a tad delayed .

We are in the process of upgrading to AUTOCAD map 2016  using in the EUM model within the interface with custom workflows .

There are a multitude if look up tables within the Database Schema with the TBD prefix .

the reply stated that the  creation of the look up tables  were created using the map administrator in Map 3d not in oracle  , how are these committed to the Oracle 12c database ?

In addition the creation of additional custom workflows within the user interface using map administrator these too cannot be created within oracle either ? Only by using the map administrator tool ?

Thanks very much

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading to AUTOCAD map 2016  using in the EUM model within the interface with custom workflows .
--> what is EUM model? and what do you mean by "within the interface"?

There are a multitude if look up tables within the Database Schema with the TBD prefix .
--> for an industry model this would be quite common

the reply stated that the  creation of the look up tables  were created using the map administrator in Map 3d not in oracle  , how are these committed to the Oracle 12c database ?
--> With Map Administrator you connect to Oracle and if you "create" something in Administrator the application will "create" "something" in Oracle. Map-Admin hides all the SQL statements for creating/modyfing database objects by providing a GUI.

In addition the creation of additional custom workflows within the user interface using map administrator these too cannot be created within oracle either ? Only by using the map administrator tool ?
--> not sure if I understand. Are you using some translation tool? An IM "workflow" requires programming in .Net. The resulting DLL needs to be installed with AC Map. Has nothing to do with Oracle:

http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2014/ENU/Developer_Guides/index.html?url=filesMAP_IMOD/GUID-80C3E1CD-75...

rob

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks Rob , that was a quick response !

The EUM model is the Electric Utilities Model  that the company is using .

In terms of the workflows , these are set up for user to go through with step by step instructions , using drop downs lists and option to create for instance a busbar .

Hope that helps and thanks very much for the info 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

"With Map Administrator you connect to Oracle and if you "create" something in Administrator the application will "create" "something" in Oracle. Map-Admin hides all the SQL statements for creating/modyfing database objects by providing a GUI"

With the above statement in mind . Is it possible to add new fields and attributes , to the tables that are held in Oracle through the GUI in map administrator  in Autocad Map 2016

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Yes.

You need to create your tables and add Attributes through Map Administrator.

If you don't create your table with Map-Adminstartor the IndustryModel will not be aware of the table.

If you don't create attributes with Map Administrator the IM will not be aware of those attributes but it can be fixed by runnning 1ClickMaintenance (as far as I remember).

Each IM has metadata tables where information about each IM table is stored. If you create the table outside IM Adminstrator the meta-data is missing and the IM will not be aware of your additions (this can be fixed as well but you should be a bit more familiar with IMs before you start doing this - here is a link but it is in german as it is an older post, the newer postings are in english): http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/2013/10/ungultiger-view-aus-tbdictionary.html)

rob

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

From my understanding you can clone the  data model file so by taking a standard industry model file you can copy this and amend the existing table structures within the project  and rename the data model to a new version .

so potentially can you have more than one industry model in production ?

thanks

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Hi,

if I understand you correctly you refer to GENX (XML) files. Yes, you can export a data model as XML, modify and get it back in (but I have no experience with that). You can also just export your Oracle schema as dump and re-import under a different name.

Not sure what you mean by "can you have more than one industry model in production ". Yes you can have multiple IM combined in a project. But what has that do to with "cloning"?

In a project you usally have different IMs combined - such as land management and waster water. You wouldn't copy your waste water IM and have both versions in one project.

"Cloning" or copying an IM sounds an odd approach. Depends on the circumstances though. Maybe you need to explain in detail what you are after.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta