AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lackof dialog Box for Define query

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Robplatt
5487 Views, 22 Replies

Lackof dialog Box for Define query

Dear all,

This is a question about defining a query from the Map Explorer tab of the Task Pane in Map 3D 2015.

Even though I have the FILEDIA variable set to 1, the define query command refuses to open as a dialog box. Instead I get a command line version that is impossible to use.

I've even tried ~ADEQUERY, but I still get the command line.

All other dialog boxes in Map and Civil seem to be working just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23

Wondering if this was ever resolved and what the solution was? I've gone through all the steps in this post and googled every other possible solution, even had AutoCAD re-installed. Still won't bring up a dialog box for queries or attaching object data. We are currently using AutoCAD Map 2023.

-A

Message 22 of 23

@ashleyyoung6540 

Believe it or not, there are different ways to query. You need to upload images (screen grabs) of your monitor to demonstrate the sequence of steps you are undertaking . A detailed explanation is highly desirable.

Please don't start a debate by saying stuff like 'it worked before' and 'I've always have done it the same way.' Just upload images of your monitor so your procedure be quickly evaluated and an effective solution can be explained and provided. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, you are commenting on an old, very old, post.

Please start a brand new post that addresses your specific issue. Even though your current situation is related to the original post, it's likely your issue is different. At the very least you're using a different version of Map3D (year) and a different operating system.

Whenever possible upload lots of images (more is better) that displays your monitor because images can be an efficient way to illustrate the issue and will curtail what you need to describe. Some users, especially the ones that want fast and effective solutions, upload videos demonstrating their problem. 

The Forum needs to understand your issue, not a previous issue. Please help the Forum so the Forum can help you.

Chicagolooper
Message 23 of 23
O_Eckmann
in reply to: ashleyyoung6540

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report