AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GIS Data Import

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Robplatt
805 Views, 2 Replies

GIS Data Import

Dear all,

Apologies if this topice has been covered before.

I've received SHP file and a number of supporting files, for a parcel layout in a large subdivision.

Using Connect I brought the SHP file into Map and looking at the Table I can see the FeatID field that is obviously supposed to provide the link to the data.

Only this common field is brought in with the SHP file, and so far I haven't been able to find a way to access the rest of the data. There is an Excel spreadsheet with the package, so I've tried to use Connect to load the Excel using OBDC. However, this option refuses to let me connect to the data. It offers to test the connection, but then doesn't go any further. I've tried using Windows System settings to estalish ODBC link to ath Excel sheet, and I have tried cxonverting the Excel to MS Access, but I can't get that to load either.

Sorry if this sounds a bit rambling, but something that should be quite straighforward if proving to be a major headache.

For interest - If I bring a SHP file into MicroStation the data is automatically loaded and is immediately available - no further connections are required, the software seems to know how to find the data.

Hope someone out there can help.

I'm using Map 3D 2015 from inside Civil 3D 2015.

Many thanks in advance.

Robert

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: Robplatt

As long as the file names match between the .shp, shx and dbf files and they are all in the same folder you should be able to drag and drop them into Map3D and they should connect with FDO. If not can you zip them up and post them here? 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
Robplatt
in reply to: Murph_Map

Good morning and thanks for the quick response.

I discovered the file names were different. As soon as I corrected this it worked like a dream.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report