AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define a default draw order (bottom) for Connect>ECW file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
patrickvanhoeijen
489 Views, 3 Replies

How to define a default draw order (bottom) for Connect>ECW file

Always when I add an ECW file using Connect it shows up at the top of everything else, so the drawing is not visible any more; of course I can change the draw order, but is it possible to set a default for this to prevent having to do this all the time manually after Connecting? The attached screenshot is how I want this without manually changing the oder.

patrickvanhoeijen_0-1602859462938.png

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

There is no one that sees what my request is and knows how to solve this? Or maybe my question is a dumb one? If so, please let me know:-)

Message 3 of 4

Hi Patrick,
I hear your cry in the wilderness and see what you mean, but I have no idea how to do anything other than what you're already doing.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 4

What's your ecw referenced against? Geographic coordinates or is it projected to grid? I like the idea of using an FDO connection on an ecw but you could, if you really, really wanted to, insert it as an AutoCAD entity as opposed to an FDO. Like all AutoCad entities, an image which is 'attahced' would, by default, land on the Map Base layer on the Task Pane. (Refer to MAPIINSERT command.)

Does this mean it'll always be underneath all other layers? Of course not. It would be too easy for users to get that kind of behavior from Map3D. Gotta weigh the pros and cons: FDO vs. MapImport, either way may only solve you issue temporarily, but one might be less frustrating that the other since solutions will vary from dwg-to-dwg and from case-to-case.  Trial-and-error may give you an answer.

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report