AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geolocation - GeoMap - Plotting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tvogtNZE4S
615 Views, 4 Replies

Geolocation - GeoMap - Plotting

Good afternoon all -

I use the geolocation service on a regular basis to obtain aerial photos.  I leave the aerial on when drafting so I can zoom in to areas and the aerial remains clear and easy to read.  My issues arise when it comes time to plotting.  I capture the area needed for the background and turn of the map.  However, the 'captured' map area seems to be very pixelated and not very clear.  And, zooming in only makes things worse.  I have tried changing the image from Optimal to Fine to see if that does anything, but not much.  So, my very clear aerial map that I started with plots outs to be very blurry and/or pixelated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tvogtNZE4S
in reply to: tvogtNZE4S

Forgot to mention that I am working in Release 2021

Message 3 of 5
ChicagoLooper

If you have already set the resolution to VERY FINE then the clarity has been maxed out. Sorry, but you’re at the mercy of Bing.

Bing’s resolution is your resolution. 

6D0B50E7-6553-4F47-8121-E27AB4BA8251.png

If you want better image quality you’ll need to acquire and bring in your own external image. Or purchase a third party app such as Plex-Earth or Near Map. 

Chicagolooper
Message 4 of 5
tvogtNZE4S
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

I was afraid that was going to be the answer; but THANK YOU for responding and letting me know!

Message 5 of 5
O_Eckmann

hi @tvogtNZE4S ,

I noted that the zoom level when switching to high-quality mode is important. Zooming in and then asking to pass the photo in high quality allows you to get a better result than if you are zooming out.

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report