AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing MAP LAYOUT REFERENCE SYSTEM

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
3646 Views, 10 Replies

Editing MAP LAYOUT REFERENCE SYSTEM

Hi, Im currently using Map 3d 2012 and have recently discovered that i can auto generate (in paper space) a grid of eastings and nothings or lattitude and longitude using the map layout reference command. i have played with this and the command seems very limited in what you can edit, and all the googling and forums i have been on doesnt seem to have an answer.

Does anyone know how to do this please!!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

>> i have been on doesnt seem to have an answer.

To which question, sorry that I can't see any.

If the question is "is the command very limited", then yes, but what do you need which you can't get done with it?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

With 2012 version you can only do the lat/long, with later version you can create users/custom grid.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 11
markseb44
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hi, I too am interested in this. I Have 2015 Map3D, and don't see options for changing the grid other than choosing a few coordinate systems. I would like to just have the refernce lines at the edge of the layout. Is there a command for editing the grid??  Thanks

Message 5 of 11
Pointdump
in reply to: markseb44

Mark,

Options like color and text font? Nope. Just Scale:

RefSys.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 6 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

You can do some tricks to change e.g. color, lineweight, ... as described >>>here<<<.

But I don't know (as the others) any option to change the grld-lines to just ticks.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 11
markseb44
in reply to: Pointdump

Thanks Dave....would have liked to have short lines at the outer edges, not a grid right across the drawing. May have to do this manually using grid as snap points?

Many thanks

Message 8 of 11
Pointdump
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred,

I didn't know you could change color and lineweight. Thanks for the link.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 9 of 11
markseb44
in reply to: Pointdump

Thanks Dave, and Alfred.

Much appreciated

Message 10 of 11
O.Maille

Any update on this, how about changing the coordinate system for anyone who isn't US or military?

Message 11 of 11
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: O.Maille

Hello @O.Maille wrote

<<Any update on this, how about changing the coordinate system for anyone who isn't US or military?>>

No. You don’t need an update. 

You can create your grid based on the coordinate system that’s currently assigned to modelspace.

BA6C59B9-A846-4668-8C55-DAB9A123232D.jpeg

If you haven’t assigned one, or are unwilling to do so, then the MAPLAYOUTREFERENCESYSTEM feature won’t (or can’t) work. 

<<BTW, your question is piggy-backing a 7 year old post. It would be better to start a brand new, fresh post so your specific situation doesn’t get buried underneath someone else’s.>>

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report