AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Import Layers by Object Data

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
378 Views, 1 Reply

Creating Import Layers by Object Data

Hi everyone,

I am relitively new to AutoCad 3D, and have used it once before to convert gis files to DWG. (However this was a long time ago). My interest in Maps is purely graphical at the moment, so I am hoping to take data outside the 'live geolocated environment' provided by GIS and take it into more familiar software (AutoCad). In time, I may experiment more with the logic queries that AutoCad 3D Map can run.

Is it possible to create new layers based on Object Data attached to elements in a Shapefile? I have downloaded Open Street Maps of Japanese cities from Metro Extracts (https://mapzen.com/data/metro-extracts/) as OSM2PGSQL SHP files. Using the Map Import option, it is possible to import to layers by object type (Points, Lines, Polylines), or by examining a field of the Object Data (for instance, Access creates layers like Public, Private, communal etc).

However, I can't create layers such as Roads - Highway, or Landuse - Railway. There is Object Data for whether the polyline is a building (yes/no). I've also tried running the LISP routine SEL_By_OD (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-general/object-data-how-to-use-the-find-command/td-p/5... after importing the data, thinking it would be possible to transfer objects to different layers. However, the routine doesn't seem to select any objects. I'm running AutoCAd Map 3D 2015.

Hopefully this is a fairly routine thing that people do and there is an easy answer. Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers

Rob

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
АлексЮстасу
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

_MAPIMPORT, certainly?

Your wishes, probably, it is possible to execute, but fully understanding a problem is difficult - Your links do not work.

-- Alexander, private person, pacifist, english only with translator 🙂 --

Object-modeling _ odclass-odedit.com _ Help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report