Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a query to label object data

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Jeffrey_Rivers
200 Views, 0 Replies

Create a query to label object data

I used to do this often, but it's been a very long time and I've forgotten one crucial step.  

I have a CAD file where many entities contain object data.  I want to use Map to create a label with attributes then run a query on the objects that will apply the label to selected objects, and populate the label with the appropriate object data as defined in the label.

Here's what I recall doing: 

1. Use the MAP workspace, attach the dwg with the object data. 

2. Annotate ribbon, 'Define Template'. 

3. Block editor opens, here's the step I cant remember: 

__Enter command at command line to bring up the dialog box to create the text label and assign each label to a particular piece of Object Data.  ATTDEF and -ATTDEF are not the command I recall using.  I think it was an undocumented command or a deprecated command.  

Edit: Figured it out, I was conflating two different processes.

1.  No need to attach the source drawing containing object data, do all labeling IN that drawing. 

2.  Missing command is 'MAPANNTEXT' which brings up the Annotation Text dialog box. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report