AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coordinate switch

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
FVeszlenyi
566 Views, 1 Reply

coordinate switch

Hi, I used to be able to switch from decimal degrees to latitude and longitude in the toolbar at the bottom of my screen in the Drawing coordinates, and I can't do that anymore.  There I see my options of: Relative, Absolute, Geographic and Specific, but now only Specific, shows.  I need to be able to toggle between using decimal degrees - x,y to lat and long.  How do fix this?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: FVeszlenyi

You don't mention the current coordinate system you have assigned to modelspace.  Afterall, the lat/long coordinates are relative to the equator and north pole. Imagine that your modelspace is a representation, or model, of of Planet Earth, a flat representation as opposed to a spherical or ellipsoidal model. Somewhere on your model is the equator and the polar caps. As you move your cursor around modelspace, the coordinates displayed on the statusbar change, i.e., they dynamically adjust to your position relative the equator and poles and thereby, provide you with lat and long. 

If you have not assigned a coordinate system (MAPCSASSIGN), then you haven't established a model which means you don't have the equator nor poles.  Assign a CoordSys first (a CoordSys that's appropriate for your site) then, on the coordinates portion of the statusbar, click directly on the coordinates and choose 'Geographic' to view the lat/long.

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report