AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control + Shift + C and PasteOrig Mirrors Polylines and More

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chancevv
175 Views, 2 Replies

Control + Shift + C and PasteOrig Mirrors Polylines and More

Hello,

I'm running into an interesting situation that hasn't happened with other files. I'm attempting to copy and paste items from one CAD file into another. I've done the basic check, which is ensuring both files are using the same coordinate system (MN83-SF).

Per some internet research, I also called the UCS command and set the value to WORLD on both files.

Something I've noticed is that it doesn't even copy over the exact location, it's offset a good bit from where it's supposed to be in addition to being mirrored. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've attached an image of the original and mirrored shapes for reference.Correct Image.pngMirrored Image.png

Thank you!

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pointdump
in reply to: chancevv

@chancevv,
First time I've heard of that one. Did you try Attach and Query?
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 3
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: chancevv

@chancevv 

Before you go any further.....shut down AutoCAD then restart. (Or shut down computer altogether & restart.) Then execute the same command. Does the whacky behavior still exist?

There are numerous events, or sequence or events, that can trigger odd behavior. Restarting operates like an EASY button. Eliminate the obvious first, e.g. restart to resolve issues.....you may investigate more sophisticated solutions afterwards.

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report