AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Apply A Background Color To Feature Label

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
449 Views, 8 Replies

Can't Apply A Background Color To Feature Label

Map 3D 2020

I connected to some data with attributes. I have no problem filtering the data, then creating a label for the remaining features. But if I try to apply a background color to create a masking over other features nothing happens. It isn't a "draworder" thing - I applied a distinct color (blue) instead of the native background color to see if anything happened and nothing did. When I go back into the background color dialog it's like nothing changed from having "no color" assigned as the background - no blue, no nothing.

Is there a lock or some such setting I should change to get it to work? I have two other layers in the same map that work fine when applying background colors to the feature labels.

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
parkr4st
in reply to: Anonymous

can you provide a screen shot of how you set the text attibutes?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: parkr4st

See below. Nothing out of the ordinary, I don't think.

FeatureLabelEdit.jpg

Message 4 of 9
parkr4st

you did apply the style to each of the thematic rules and not just the default?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

No.

the top two rules/filters filter out some garbage in the shp files. I'm labeling street names, and apparently as a placeholder or something our streets mappers put "temp" and "text" in for the street name occasionally. When the rule encounters these instance it puts no feature label - thus the "none" in the feature label column for those two rules. If i try to edit the "none" label the dialog is blank/empty, as it should be

Message 6 of 9
parkr4st

try selecting the default and clicking the up arrow twice.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I will try, thanks!

Message 8 of 9
ChicagoLooper

Go to Map Task Pane and toggle the shapefile on and off. In the past this silly trick worked for me. Try it. You have nothing to lose. 

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
parkr4st
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

an alternative to only have one theme rule is to put such as

(Translate ( RoadName ,'text', ' ' )) ( Translate ( RoadName , 'temp', ' '))

in the expression for the label.  The label will be an empty blue box with your theme choice on

text and temp data or put an alternative such as unnamed between the single quotes to add some details such as

(Translate ( RoadName ,'text', 'unnamed ' )) ( Translate ( RoadName , 'temp', 'unnamed'))

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report