AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying an existing theme to added polylines in a shapefile

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
FJankovsky
422 Views, 2 Replies

Applying an existing theme to added polylines in a shapefile

Good day all,

I have an ongoing project where I'm using the Style Editor to add unique colors and labels to polylines based on one of their attributes.  As I update this shapefile I would like to be able to have the thematic rules applied to the new lines without having to delete the old rule and then re-write the rule.

The image below shows the output:

fjankovsky_0-1634744842063.png

And this image shows the Style Editor:

fjankovsky_1-1634744885586.png

The problem I am having when I re-open the drawing with the shapefile with the added polylines the new polylines are colored with the "default" color at the bottom of the list and do not share any of the rules of the lines above in the style editor.  Is there a way to "refresh" this Theme and have the rules applied to the new lines?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
O_Eckmann
in reply to: FJankovsky

Hi,

I'm not sure to well understand your problem, but if you edit SHP outside of Map 3D, each new object with values used for rules are automaticaly update from style (enter MAPUPDATEMAP if not applied).

For object with new value not used in rules, Map apply last rule to stylised it (generally "default")

If you don't want to apply new wizard, you can add manually rule by copying existing one and modify value for rule and only choosen graphism.

Here is a screencast of what I mean.

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
FJankovsky
in reply to: O_Eckmann

@O_Eckmann 

Oliver,

Thank you for taking the time to make this little demo for me.  That is exactly the workaround that I've come up with.

On another note I saw you over there in QGIS cheating(so many things are just quicker in QGIS).  This same situation is automatic in QGIS and you can easily save and apply the style.  I wish MAP could add some of those features.

Best regards,

Frank

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report