AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align in corner

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mota_andrefilipe
683 Views, 5 Replies

Align in corner

Hi,

In the 1st attachment, how do I align the rectangle to that corner, keeping the rectangle in its same vertical position, and aligning it the most to the left as possible in the red boundary, without passing it? I want the top of the rectangle in the top boundary and the bottom in the bottom boundary. Something like the 2nd attachment, but without the rotation, because if I give the align comand the rectangle rotates a little bit.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Peter2_1
in reply to: mota_andrefilipe

Sorry, but for me that images are too dark. I can not recognize their content. Maybe you can make it less dark?

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German / Oracle
Message 3 of 6
mota_andrefilipe
in reply to: Peter2_1

OK, made that. Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
parkr4st
in reply to: mota_andrefilipe

calculate the location.  drop a vertical line to make a triangle, dimang on the three angles

go to https://www.calculator.net/triangle-calculator.html

put in the angles and the length of the rectangle as one side and solve,  draw a line the proper length or a circle to get a point of intersection on one leg of the triangle and paste the rectangle upper corner at the point.

Message 5 of 6

Hi,

You can draw a vertical line (dashed cyan) and mesure length of segment "L2" between 2 intersections points with red boundary, and length "D2" from opposite vertex.

Mesure length of your rectangle "L1" and apply "Thales" to calculate the new length "D1"

image.png

D1/D2 = L1/L2 => D1 = D2 * L1 / L2

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

Yap, that works. But had to put the decimals to work to fit right.

Thank you and everybody.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report