AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abbreviated version of text formatting dialog box

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jryan4GYAA
632 Views, 11 Replies

abbreviated version of text formatting dialog box

How the heck do I get the full text formatting dialog box back and not this shortened version? I need to change part of the titles text to a different color and the new version of Autocad is causing me grief.text formatting dialog.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi

don't you see all options in the ribbon like this ...?

There you have all options, don't you?

20210825_002055_0001.png

BTW: which version of AutoCAD do you have?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 12

Here is an example of what I am try to do. I have attributed text that needs part of the text string to be a different color. The lower picture is 2020 Map and the top is 2022 Map with abbreviated text formatting box. In addition to text formatting not allowing editing of color. I can't use properties or the ribbon at the top of program for selection.Attribute text formatting dialog 2022 MAP.JPGAttribute text formatting dialog 2020 MAP.JPG

Message 4 of 12

Hi,

this is what I get using AutoCAD Map 3D 2022:

20210825_151341_0001.png

What happens when you start command _MTEDIT manually (typing command in command-line and then selecting an MText object instead of double click the entity).

If you login with a different Windows User Account ... same issue?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 12
jryan4GYAA
in reply to: jryan4GYAA

I am sorry that I misled you. It is attributed text. But yes I can do it with MText no problem.

Message 6 of 12
O_Eckmann

Hi,

ATTIPE variable should be 1 instead of 0

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
jryan4GYAA

Thanks for your time. 

Message 8 of 12
jryan4GYAA

One of the dreaded perks of updating Autocad. Trying to get your workflow on a new version to run as smoothly as the last version.

Thanks to those that reached out to get me over this first upgrade hurdle!

Message 9 of 12
O_Eckmann

Hi,

If you've installed Express tools, with command 

_.sysvdlg 

you can export all system variable and there value in a SVF file you can import on new version.

It's interesting to notice that everyone pay lot of money each year for new version, and when we install this new version, first thing we are doing is to remove all new features and restore all of our settings to work exactly like in previous version 😀

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: O_Eckmann

Hi,

>> you can export all system variable and there value in

>> a SVF file you can import on new version.

Please NO, never ever import this back!!!

Reason for this is that exporting double values (like angles in radiant) is restricted to (I think, not looked now) to 4 digits, which means a 90° angle is then

1.5708 ... instead of

If you import then the truncated angle (or other double values) you can run into troubles because these system variables have then not exact 90° any more.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 11 of 12
O_Eckmann

Hi @Alfred.NESWADBA ,

Number of digit in SVF file is managed by LUPREC variable. If you set this variable to 8 you have 8 digits in double value. I agree it's not exact value but for angle I think than less than 0.000000005 rad is precise enough to convert into deg ou grad.

Olivier

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: O_Eckmann

Hi,

>> Number of digit in SVF file is managed by LUPREC variable

Thank you, good to know this!

>> I think than less than 0.000000005 rad is precise enough

May be, but I know that e.g. the definition of a UCS has to have an exact angle between X and Y axis, inside some drawings I have seen such UCS with an angle not exactly 90° and these files really struggle then.

I don't know currently if any of the settings inside the SVF has a similar critical setting, but I would be very, very careful 😉 .. and at least LUPREC 8 is not the default!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report