AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method Not found Autodesk.Gis.Map.Utilities.MapValue

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
subash.nalla
1368 Views, 9 Replies

Method Not found Autodesk.Gis.Map.Utilities.MapValue

I have built a dll for AutoCAD Map 2D 2015 with out any issue. I tried to execute the same dll in AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 and getting the attached error and require help in that. Please let me know for any other questions.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
fieldguy
in reply to: subash.nalla

you will have to show some code.  when i see "Method" errors it's usually caused by misuse of brackets - "()". but, with code errors like that your dll should not "Build" successfully. 

2015 is very old.  It's quite possible the ManagedMapApi has changed. i don't know how to check that.

<edit>

try changing the attached reference in your 2015 dll to the newest ManagedMapApi (2023). this would confirm that the "Build" is successful.

Message 3 of 10
subash.nalla

Thanks for your reply.  I have changed all the reference to AutoCAD Map 3D 2023. I am getting  compile errors as in the attached image. I that an issue with .Net Framework, please help me in this.

Message 4 of 10
fieldguy

i am not sure i can help at all. your pic indicates that all "Autodesk" Apis are not found. was that the result of changing the path to ManagedMapApi?

i would not attempt to modify a 2015 autocad application. i would start a new .NET Framework project with current autocad Apis and copy / paste old code piece by piece. you don't need any code to see that the Api's are available (blue squiggles under "using Autodesk." means not available). 

i would not support anything for 2015 - it's far too old.

Message 5 of 10
subash.nalla
in reply to: fieldguy

Thanks for the reply. The same solution is giving expected results in AutoCAD Map 3D 2015 and getting the exception only in higher version. I will try to build the solution in AutoCAD Map 3D 2023. 

Message 6 of 10
norman.yuan

Since you are targeting Acad2023, you need to change your DLL project's target .NET framework from older version to Framework 4.8 (I bet this is the problem you have).

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
subash.nalla
in reply to: norman.yuan

Thank you for the reply, will build the solution with proper .Net Framework.

Message 8 of 10
O_Eckmann

Hi @subash.nalla ,

I've detect same problem here : https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-developer/mapvalue-assign-error/m-p/9170669 

DLL compiled for Map 2015 works well until 2018.

But it's necessary to create a new DLL for 2019 (with target Framework 4.7) for version above. This DLL work from 2019 to 2023.

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
subash.nalla
in reply to: O_Eckmann

Hi Thanks for the reply in my case dll didn't work for Map 3D 2017 also. I have built in Map 3D 2017 and it is working fine.

Message 10 of 10
subash.nalla
in reply to: norman.yuan

Hi Thanks for the reply, built in Map 3D 2017 and it is working fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report