AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for some one who can write some autocad scripts

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
djharo71
420 Views, 5 Replies

looking for some one who can write some autocad scripts

looking to hire someone to help me write some autocad scripts to speed up work flow. one of the scripts it to total all the material on a project the other is to auto populate matchlines on sheets. I have attached a cad file below.

I NEED A autoLisp written to identify the blocks in model space labeled "SHEETS" with the atribute "SHEET NUMBER" and then label the blocks "MATCHLINE TOP," "MATCHLINE BOTTOM," "MATCHLINE RIGHT," and "MATCHLINE LEFT" in paper space for the "SHEETS" that are around the layout page

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
james_beeson_01
in reply to: djharo71

I opened up the drawing you have. I see your SHEETS blocks are red rectangles with a number in the middle. I'm not sure what you're asking when you say you want them to be labeled. Are you wanting the SHEETS blocks to be labeled top, bottom, etc? I assume you either want each line labeled (perhaps as a linetype) or you want each line in the block to be its own block with a label. Can you clarify what you want labeled?

Also, it would help to know what your end goal is. I'm not familiar with what you can do with labeled matchlines.

As far as totaling material goes, you can look into DATAEXTRACTION. Are you trying to do that by sheet or by drawing?

Message 3 of 6
djharo71
in reply to: james_beeson_01

tying to do by sheet and have it populate on the sheet and then the whole
drawing to populate on the total sheet
the other stuff we got figured out. My boss is willing to pay somebody to
get with me and create the material total scripts
Message 4 of 6
O_Eckmann

Hi,

Have you tried to see il Map Book functionnality can't solve natively your problem

https://help.autodesk.com/view/MAP/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-E74970C7-BD42-4B22-9E82-1F4D51B29BB0 

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
james_beeson_01

I just direct messaged you.

Message 6 of 6
norman.yuan

Updating the "MATCHLINE XXX" blocks in the sheet layout is rather simple to do. But total the materials showed on each sheet might be an issue: the table on each sheet is not an AutoCAD table, or a block, it is just drawn with lines, text/mtext. So, how the "table" on each sheet is created? Manually by the CAD user counting on the material blocks in the modelspace visible through the viewport on the sheet?

I could imagine this workflow:

1. The CAD user's main focus is enter data/draw data in the modelspace: place material block correctly in the modelspace; position the sheet blocks as needed.

2. Once all the necessary work in the modelspace is done, with one custom menu click/custom command, all the sheet is created automatically with a viewport opened and the material table on each sheet (and a total material table on its own sheet, if necessary)

3. If change/modification is done in the modelspace, such as material block change, sheet block moves, sheet number changes,... The some custom command would either recreate the sheets, or update the sheets.

The sheet creation/update could be done just a few seconds.

I am not sure what you have already in place, but updating the said "MATCHLINE XXXX" blocks should really be minor part of this highly automated process (of building layout sheets).

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report