AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digitizing with Autocad Map 2016 - TEXT

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
498 Views, 2 Replies

Digitizing with Autocad Map 2016 - TEXT

YES....I still use a digitizer and love it!  Easiest way to create the maps I need from pencil drawings.  In the previous versions of ACAD Map, I could even use the puck for placing text on my map.  Just click where I want the text, enter it from the keyboard and then an enter is not even necessary to end it and move on to the next.  You simply move the puck to the next spot where you want text, click and type away again.  For some reason, this no longer works in ACAD Map 16.  I click where I want to enter the text, enter the text and then click again and it does nothing.  If I keep typing, I end up with one big run-on word.  This is soooo aggravating!

And don't even ask why I am not scanning and doing heads up digitizing.  There is no comparison.  I work on HUGE geological maps and some lines that I draw are thousands of feet long (100's of inches).  Do you know how hard that is to keep panning to digitize?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> Just click where I want the text, enter it from the keyboard and then an enter is not even necessary to end it

With default AutoCAD (or Map 3D) you always have to use <ENTER> so AutoCAD knows there are no more characters part of the text and the text is finished.

As we are here in the developement forum and as your description does not work without a tool/an application on top of AutoCAD/Map I guess you speak about a tool ... which one is it?

Can you ask the vendor why the workflow changed?

If you have written your own tool, then I have to ask what have you changed so it does not work any more.

Maybe I missed some information, but I'm sorry that (for me) it's not clear).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Disregard...apparently migrating the settings doesn't get ALL of them and my right-click options were not migrated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report