AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adersheet "problem"

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kerrcad
580 Views, 2 Replies

adersheet "problem"

Short version:

Adersheet has been running for 12+ hrs.  580+ point pairs (~100' apart), thousands of entities to warp, script file attached.  Smaller script files worked with success.  Reason adersheet required is that base map didn't match Google Earth and a KMZ of line work is required (we draw on imagery now).

Should I continue waiting?

Note: cyan line endpoints on screenshot generate point pairs for script.

Long version:

After researching posts for how to automate ADERSHEET I settled on creating various lisp routines that ultimately write a script with a large number of base/refererence point pairs.  Started the script 12hrs ago and Map is still calculating.  With this much time invested (rather a hack and slash lisp programmer) in programming and now running the script, I don't want to stop the script if there is still hope...

The drawing station markers are from measuring wheel notes (as oposed to survey accuracy) and we are trying to align the drawing with Google Earth imagery to create a KMZ file for the customer.  We are using adersheet to adjust the drawing entities and not the imagery.

Using a centerline traced on the imagery and scaled from street intersection to intersection to match the fielded station markers, we are using these station marker pairs to align the centerlines.  There are approximately 580 (58000' of line work - centerline, edge of pavement, ROW, trench path and all the needed notes).  All the lines were cut into lengths no longer that 100' as polylines with a significantly great number of vertices warp differently than pliens of the same length with fewer vertices.

Is there hope?

Many thanks,

Dan

Map 2015, win7/64 pro, older laptop (T61p w/8g ram, SSD for any ThinkPad fans)

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kerrcad
in reply to: kerrcad

Updating my own question...

Turns out there are duplicate point pairs in my script as well as point pairs out of linear order (hack/slas lisp coding - my bad).  Not sure if these issues cause problems, but pretty sure they do.  Will update once I've tried a good point list.

Nuts...

Message 3 of 3
kerrcad
in reply to: kerrcad

Duplicate values and out of order point pairs were the problems.  Ok, my poor coding was the problem...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report