Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 compatibility

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
accountingS28AB
281 Views, 2 Replies

Windows 10 compatibility

Good Morning All,

I Currently am operating AutoCAD LT 2018 on my Win7 Tower. Due too functionality issues I am considering a OS Reinstall as well as the AutoCAD LT reinstall as this tower has been running this intensive program for almost two years. I am concerned that there is still issues with AutoCAD LT and Window 10 which makes me hesitant to wipe workstation. I am only considering this option because of how much difficulty my unit is having running the softwareeven though the specs on the work station are as follows:JASON's PC.PNG

I have replaced the HDD with a SSD Sandisc 540/430 IOP's with limited noticeable changes. So I am left with the only option to my knowledge being start fresh. So will AutoCAD LT work with windows 10 and with what I have detailed above would you recommend a fresh OS and Program Install on SSD?

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

I would see the workstation as ok for Windows 10 and AutoCAD LT 2018.

Just make sure you don't update your current Windows, instead start the Windows 10 installation from scratch.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: accountingS28AB

Win10 has been running smoothly in our office for 2-years now. No issues.

As noted by others, the simpler easier win10 installl right over Win7 can be problematic for some users: if you choose that option be ready to at least reinstall LT2018.

LT2018 requires all updates and patches to be installed BTW.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report