Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

๐Ÿ“ข - Whats your thoughts on AutoLISP in AutoCAD LT 2024?

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
handjonathan
3777 Views, 28 Replies

๐Ÿ“ข - Whats your thoughts on AutoLISP in AutoCAD LT 2024?

Hello, AutoCAD community,

The AutoCAD team wants to hear your impressions of AutoLISP, specifically around its availability in the 2024 release of AutoCAD LT.

Which routines are you most excited to use? Let us know in the comments below!

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
ricky.calle
in reply to: handjonathan

I think is great that LT use LISP. 

One lips routine that I would like to work in LT is the EXTRIM.LSP routine. I know that file came free as part of the express tools for AutoCAD.

When you load and try to run it. Is not working because is looking for the express tools.

Can some one help me solve this little problem.

Looking forward to your replies.

Message 22 of 29
moneumiko
in reply to: ricky.calle

I too was trying using Extrim just a few days ago, and indeed, it doesn't work (I think the Express Tools lisps use something that is installed along with the tools). BUT I managed to find another lisp that basically does the same, and even more as it let's the user delete the leftovers inside. It works, I used it. I'll try to attach the file here.

Message 23 of 29
ricky.calle
in reply to: moneumiko

Thank you for attaching the Lisp file. I will try it later today and I will post my findings.
Message 24 of 29
davelomas

Does this mean that I can now use this extreeemely useful lisp in LT?

http://www.lee-mac.com/minboundingbox.html

Message 25 of 29
cadffm
in reply to: davelomas

Not all Lisp-programs, because there are few lisp function unsupported, but I would say for usual LT Users: Yes!

Your concrete sample: Yes, this works in LT2024 as the most of other Lisp programs too.

Sebastian

Message 26 of 29
c.kimXH5F6

Hello, 

I was running layoutstodwg lisp routine on 2023 full version I believe and it spit out 20 sheets in about 30 minutes.  I tried running it on 2024 LT and it took all day to spit out half that and it was still running?  thoughts?

Message 27 of 29
cadffm
in reply to: c.kimXH5F6

Hi,

You forgot to post ot to link this tool, just a name isn't enough to make sure to know what you are talking about.

And why you asking here instead to ask the programmer or vendor?

Guessing: You are talking about https://jtbworld.com/autocad-export-layouts-to-drawings-layoutstodwgs-lsp ?

If yes: That are simple steps in this code, nothing special.

Have you test it with another file from another project too?

Test it with a file what is stored on a local drive!

And tell what Tool you are talking about

Sebastian

Message 28 of 29
L_Casier

I am missing a debug function for LISP in AUTOCAD LT

Message 29 of 29
bergerF5EFQ

None of my commercial Lisp applications is compatible with AutoCAD LT. IMO Lisp in AutoCAD LT is only useful for non-professional programmers who want to do some automation with simple Lisp programs.

And there is an extra hook: non-professional Lisp programmers need a minimum of response in case of an error. But there is absolutely none.

When somebody asks me if I prefer AutoCAD LT or an AutoCAD clone with a grown-up Lisp like BricsCAD, then I need not a second to think about my reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report