Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport Border Lineweight Issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
682 Views, 4 Replies

Viewport Border Lineweight Issues

Hello All,

I am using viewports in my layouts and cannot get the borders to print correctly. I have assigned all of my viewports to a layer called "VIEWPORTS" and have set a lineweight but it does not display or plot. If I open a layout and set a lineweight override, it will display and plot correctly but that is the only way I can seem to get it to work and I do not want to override 100's of layouts one-by-one. Does anyone know what I am missing / doing wrong?

Any help is much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

Without a sample file we don't know what your issue is,

it sounds you have layeroverrides at time..

Please go to your Layout, PSPACE, Remove overrides from your Layer "Viewports".

Try it again.

Or you have clipped viewports an an special problem,

try to solve it by this way: User MATCHPROP to transfer the LAyer propertie from a simple objects (on "Viewports" layer) to the Viewport.

Try it again.

With access to your layout we can take a look too.

Sebastian

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the help. I tried your suggestions but to no avail. I cannot share my project with you due to privacy issues but I was able to recreate the issue in a new file which I will attach here. If you will take a look, I created an 11x17 box with an X which resembles my drawing in model space. I created a layout which contains a viewport that is zoomed to the 11x17 box in model space. I have put the viewport on a layer called VIEWPORTS and assigned a very large lineweight but the viewport does not take the lineweight. In my project, if I remove the lineweight from the global viewports layer then create an override for the viewport in paperspace it will work but I then must create the same override on each sheet. Not sure why the global layer property is not applying?

Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 5
pendean

The default MONOCHROME.CTB has no lineweights assigned to any colors: otherwise what you want works just fine with my own plot style tables that have well defined lineweights.

Message 5 of 5
cadffm

@Anonymous

I wanted to contact you again and confirm that's a BUG!
Layer overriding as you said above, or using a plot styletable as suggested by pendean helps.

But bug is bug and this is already very old, AutoDesk should fix that.

The problem concerns non-cutted(clipped?) viewports,

these are always displayed according to 'lwdefault',
with cutted(clipped?) viewports, it's no problem.

Sebastian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report