Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating attributes on Title Blocks on Multiple sheets on mass

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
15782 Views, 10 Replies

Updating attributes on Title Blocks on Multiple sheets on mass

Hi

I am trying to update the revision block on multiple sheets without having to do each sheet manually. Is there a way of doing this update on mass being that the same information is needing to be updated.

Thanks

Sam

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums

Find / Replace will do the job, and if you just click on find and the list results (see image below) you can select all the revisions changes on their own. I've only ticked the list box just in case there are similar details

eg

Doing a find and replace on "PROJ" and changing it to "BANANA" will find anything starting with PROJ including PROJ, PROJECTTop, PROJECT2nd, PROJECT3RD, PROJECT and they will become BANANA, BANANAECTTop, BANANAECT2nd, BANANAECT3RD, BANANAECT

Capture.PNG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Most customers perform this kind of action using Fields that link wither to a SheetSet property or to Drawing Properties. Another popular option is to Xref in such shared titleblock information so you only have to edit it once.  Are you willing to share a sample file that shows me how your drawing is set up? Perhaps I can mock up these methods for you to see if that helps your workflow.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John

If you could help that would be great. Find attached the file that I am working on.

Thanks
Sam

Message 5 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @sam.lewis,

I mocked up a sample Sheet set. I made a video that shows how you can add custom properties that are for the entire sheet set or just the individual sheet.  

I linked these properties to fields in the titleblock so you can see how they can easily be edited in the properties of the sheet or sheet set instead of at an attribute level.

Putting your drawings into a sheet set also allows easy PUBLISH and Sheet Index creation.  I hope this gets you started.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Hi John

Thanks so much for your help so far. Do you know if AutoCAD LT 2018 has the same functions as you have shown.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Hi John

Also do I need to create all the custom properties from scratch for the sheet set?

Thanks

Message 8 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, everything I showed you and provided in your file should work with AutoCAD LT 2018.  The custom properties I created are obviously unique to your workflow so yes, you need to create such properties for your sheetset so you can link the fields to them. I suggest practicing on something small like a small sketch/design project to practice the steps and explore the capabilities.  If you decide that the sheetset is too much to handle you can also do very similar linking to fields using DWGPROPS but I feel that it will not provide all the tools you really want.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Hi john.vellek,

I have a sheet set with 600 drawings , 2 kinds of revisions : 00 and 01

How can I update sheet set properties - revision at once time ?

I mean if the client want to change revision 01 to 02 and I can't change revision manual one by one drawing.

I also need to show a list which drawing has a revision. Do you have any idea about this ?

Thank you.

Message 10 of 11

Hi @john.vellek ,

does this video have audio please? I see the mute icon, but it's not allowing me to turn it off.

I have the same situation with a client. There's one particular drawing, with 177 sheets mind you, and they're asking for an easier way to update the revisions across all sheets. Unfortunately the way their client has set up the attribute dialog box makes it really difficult to update. I suggested a script, but they would be happier with xref or what you're doing in the video.

Message 11 of 11
pendean
in reply to: wanda.keightley

@wanda.keightley wrote:

...does this video have audio please? I see the mute icon, but it's not allowing me to turn it off...

There is no audio. Sorry. An the author is not longer around. What do you think you've missed from it that you need assistance with?

Do you/your client actually use SSM (Sheet Set Manager) for those 177 layouts? If not, do they want to adopt it and the learning curve it takes to replace all those attributes they want to edit now?

Would the other tip of FIND and REPLACE work instead? That cannot be automated in a script, your client might be able to find and use a LISP or more in a websearch if they have full AutoCAD or LT2024/LT2025 (no older LT).

Let us know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report