Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCS & Viewports

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1881 Views, 6 Replies

UCS & Viewports

We have just recently updated from Autocad 2007 to both 2010 LT and 2011 LT here. We have been getting a problem that when we are in viewport in paper space then click the model space tab the UCS is rotated as it was in the viewport. Is there a setting to turn on that will make the UCS stay World when in Model space? 

I read somewhere that it won't work, and that we have to manual change it back to world view each time because we are using LT, just checking to see if that statement was true.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
drjohn
in reply to: Anonymous

Check out the UCSFOLLOW varialble.

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: drjohn

I have tried both UCSFOLLOW 1 and 0 it doesn't change anything.

Message 4 of 7
drjohn

Not trying to be condescending, but you knew it was a "by viewport" setting?  Each mview has to be set unless you started the drawing with the 0 setting.

Also, the USC; W; command.

Message 5 of 7
Kate_LT

AutoCAD LT does not support multiple concurrent UCS settings. The model space setting will apply to viewports and vice versa.

That doesn't mean that you can't have rotated views -- you can, either by rotating a paperspace viewport (LT 2010 and higher) or by using the PLAN command in conjunction with the UCS command.

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: drjohn

Didn't know it was a by viewport setting, but I went into the viewport and it was already set to 0. Tried it with 1 still nothing different.

Yes, I am aware of the UCS, w but unfortunately our boss doesn't want to have to use that (he is very old school and wants it the same as 07)

Edit: Thanks Kate

Message 7 of 7
BAmuc
in reply to: Kate_LT

@Kate_LT wrote:

AutoCAD LT does not support multiple concurrent UCS settings. The model space setting will apply to viewports and vice versa.

That doesn't mean that you can't have rotated views -- you can, either by rotating a paperspace viewport (LT 2010 and higher) or by using the PLAN command in conjunction with the UCS command.

I was wondering if the possibility of keeping ucs in model space and viewports indipendent from one another is available now (AutoCad LT 2019).
Would be great 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report