Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
phas50
1073 Views, 4 Replies

Title Block

Editing title block template in autocad Lt 2019. Dear guys, is there any way I can edit a title block individually without the changes taking effect throughout all the other Tblocks? I saved a title block as a template an as expected when I change one text it changes throughout all the tblocks.

I know this will happen, what I need to know is if I can edit one block without affecting the others. Eg. First Floor, Second Floor etc. Hope I made it as clear as I can.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: phas50

The idea of the block is to do just that, make one change and have it change everywhere the block is used (within that drawing), if you wish to make one block different either rename it so it becomes it's own unique version or add a dynamic ability to the block which does allow some degree of difference.

Message 3 of 5
phas50
in reply to: steven-g

I agree, but I am hoping in the future that there will be some command where one can change only the block that needs the change. I have 8 layouts that starts with Notes, Riser, Cellar, First Floor etc. As we know if I place Notes on one it will be on all. Hope the guys at Acad will bring this in in 2020.  Thank you very much for your response, I will try it and let you guys know how it works.

Message 4 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: phas50

You can add the notes as dynamic content, but it would be simpler to just remove the notes from the title "block" and place them as text over the block, or create a second block just for notes placed that over the first block, you can do that without living in hope of a change being made to how blocks work (there's no change in 2020).

Message 5 of 5
phas50
in reply to: steven-g

That can work too, I had to do that eventually.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report