Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TITLE BLOCK AND LAYOUT HELP

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
678 Views, 2 Replies

TITLE BLOCK AND LAYOUT HELP

I am currently running AutoCAD 2017 LT. 

I need help/ information about if it is possible to make a title block with attributes that updates  between all layout pages WITHOUT using Sheet Sets. If I used sheet sets everyone currently using AutoCAD in my office would probably explode.

Also, is it possible to make all added layouts using the '+' the same size and increase in number (i.e. layout 1, layout 2, layout 3 would be sht 1, sht 2, sht 3 instead) and/or also add the title block. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

A quick answer for your second question "no", the '+' symbol isn't something you can customize it automatically adds and names a layout using defaults, there are no variables or regedits that can alter their behaviour. What you want to do could be done using macros, just not using '+'

Now for your first idea, having attributes that change across all your title blocks in the entire .dwg file could be achieved in a couple of ways, and you need to think about the information that needs updating to decide which might be best for you. One I prefer is to not use attributes but create your title block and have a viewport located over the title block in your layout, then in Model space I place a block that contains all the project title information such as site adress project name (everything that needs to be the same on all layouts), this block uses attributes laid out to line up with the 'title block' so you only ever need change those details in one place, and all your layouts are seeing that information. Any layout specific information is still in the individual title blocks.

Another way would be to use the custom area of 'dwgprops', this lets you set custom properties within your drawing and you can use the field option for attribute values and custom properties are available to be used, so you then only need change the custom property value and regen the drawing and the new custom property is changed in all your title blocks.

It really all depends on the type of information you are thinking about?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks! Having the information in a viewport works really well with what I am trying to do. I was trying to get everything into one block but separating them into two works just as well. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report