Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not working

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jenni.pagano
3056 Views, 4 Replies

Text not working

I am just learning and using autocad LT 2018

I've tried many different settings and fonts, which are all on my computer. 

Currently set to non associative. 

Options are set to show text, not a box

I enter in text, looks good. Hit esc to get out of editor and text is gone. 

Selecting the area doesn't find an object.it just seems to be gone. 

I think font is associated correctly. 

What am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: jenni.pagano

You have to click away from the text item when you are done writing and then escape or press enter followed by escape, just clicking away starts a new instance of text and pressing Enter starts a new instance directly below the last one but is a separate item. I prefer mtext, one reason being when you click away it ends the command (clicking enter takes you to the next line)

Message 3 of 5
jenni.pagano
in reply to: steven-g

I understand and am clicking away before ESC. For example, I can do a single line of text, click away and do another note elsewhere (not just a second line) and both notes disappear once I move on to the next command.

Message 4 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: jenni.pagano

It could possibly be a scale issue, what size is your text set (you should get that as part of the dialogue when you start the text command), and if you draw a line on screen about the size you think the text is supposed to be, how long is the line? Or alternatively draw a line then start the text command pick the end of the line as the text start position. When you are done with the text command and the text vanishes, can you do a window selection around the end of the line and see the text show up in the properties toolpalette. Of course it could be going the other way and the text is really huge, in which case a zoom extents would probably find it.

If all else fails post a copy of the drawing after creating a few text items, see if someone can find where they are going.

Message 5 of 5
jenni.pagano
in reply to: steven-g

Good point about scale! I discovered a combination of problems. Scale was huge AND I had text on an invisible layer...AND it was snapping to a point off view. So many different attempts to see it didn't work until I turned on each layer in extents view. 

I finally got it to work. Thanks for your help. 

I wish there was a superduper lite version of AutoCadLT. I really don't need even this much complexity at this point. But would LOVE to work within an Autocad friendly program, and upgrade when needed. At least where commands are similar and functions are called the same thing, and I could collaborate with my drafter and architect or subs on parts of projects. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report