Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbols 2000

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
635 Views, 7 Replies

Symbols 2000

My computer has been upgraded to windows 7 (64 bit) and I could not down load the symbols 2000 software that I was using before. How can I get around purchasing the newer version of autocad lt. I have  Autocad LT 2008 which is fine for me.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't have that old disk handy?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I have the disc. My IT guy says It's just not compatable. 

Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade

Have you tried installing it in Win 98 emulation? (If that is available)

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Install a second hard drive with Windows XP, or whatever, on it and create a dual boot setup. Your IT guy can fill in the blanks for you.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hello,  this is the IT Guy.  Thank you for those suggestions and I will look into them.  Are you aware of a software package offered by Autodesk that is similar to AutoCAD 2008LT with the Symbols 2000 add-in?

Message 7 of 8
pendean

Symbols2000 died and went away when Autodesk made all of those blocks freely available on the internet through ADCENTER command's DCONLINE tab inside AutoCAD/LT way before LT2008 showed up.

All you need is a live internet connection on the PC with LT2008.

Message 8 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

And the current software available is LT 2012 but that may change to LT 2013 in the short term.

ADCENTER will be a little clunky to download what you want so build a Library of what you use and don't worry about it again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators