Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetset Manager

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
329 Views, 2 Replies

Sheetset Manager

Hi,

I'm a structural drafter and have just started at a new company who wants me to set up their drawing templates.

I have never had to do this before and am a bit confused on the workflow when starting new projects.

So far all I have done is created a titleblock with custom properties for the sheet sets and individual sheets, and created a sheetset template with only 4 sheets (how do i add more?)

My question is, after i have created the the titleblock and sheetset template, how do i implement this into starting a new project, is it the sheetset template that gets copied to the specific file for each project? or for each new project do i have to create a new sheet set and link the layout to an existing drawing, how do i do this?

If somebody could explain the workflow that would be greatly appreciated. Struggling to wrap my head around it.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
emily.xu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Welcome to Autodesk Community!

The below link should be helpful for your issue:

http://www.inventorconnections.com/feature_article.php?read=1&g=149cfbf7-f708-11e3-bd54-d4ae52bb7f09...

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

The link provided by @emily.xu dos not seem to work on my side so I thought I would jump in to see if I can help.

It sounds like you have created your template which is a great start.  Now, when you start a project, there are different ways you can use this.

One way, it to create a new sheet set, and and check in the Sheet Set Properties to verify that your template is being applied for Creating New sheets and also for Page Setup overrides.

Capture.PNG

During the creation process you can import existing drawing s into the sheet set.

Once the Sheetset is established, you can rt-click in the manager to select New Sheet.  You will notice that by default, the Sheet Template field should reflect the template you had selected previously.

Capture1.PNG

I found this excellent  video (among many others) on YouTube that might help with your workflow and the use of Sheetsets.  This method shows a much more complete workflow that will help you get this setup for your office.  Let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report