Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending dwg file to another computer via email

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
14047 Views, 5 Replies

Sending dwg file to another computer via email

I am currently using AutoCAD LT 2009 on my home computer.  My client also has the same AutoCAD at a different geographic location.  When I generate a drawing file at home and send it to my client’s computer via email the drawing appearance changes.  It appears as though the .dwg file is corrupt in some manner.  My dimensions are not in order the font has changed in scale and in type.  Most of the text is just inadvertently scattered about.  What concerns me is I’ve send drawings to my client on several occasion over the years and this is the first time this has occurred.  Anybody have any options or idea why this is happening?    

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using ETRANSMIT command and allowing it to capture all the content your file requires (fonts, plot style tables, etc.) so that your client gets the full package and sees your file the exact same way do? And if yes, are they installing these extras?

Or are you just grabbing the DWG file, sending it along? This is the worst way to send a DWG file, prone to many of the problems you describe.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes I suspect etransmit would be the appropriate method of sending .dwg files.  I’ve never used that command before but it appears I need to research on how it works.  I guess what is puzzling regarding my issue is that I’ve been doing it by copying and pasting for years without a problem.  Thanks for your input.      

Message 4 of 6
pendean

If you only ever want to do what you have "always done", you must ensure your recipient is set up exactly as you are with your fonts, your plot style tables and so much more ahead of time.

AutoCAD never has and still does not include "everything" in a DWG file, so no two recipients will ever see the file the way you do on your PC. A reality you must learn to work with and around.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I am new to Inventor, but am having the same problem trying to email my file to various fabrication/machine shops that can water-jet cut and laser cut my **** invention.   In a world of self-driving cars, phone apps that tell me who my spouse is cheating with, and cheese that squirts out of a can, WHY IS THIS SO HARD?  Do I need to switch to SOLIDWORKS? 

Message 6 of 6
pendean

You need to be posting in the Inventor forum and ask your peers about it and if you should switch or not http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor/ct-p/70

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost