Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Custom Background Color to the Default Options

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
scoot28
826 Views, 4 Replies

Save Custom Background Color to the Default Options

Hey, I was wondering if it's possible to add a custom background color (15,25,5) to the default color options in AutoCad LT 2015 ?

Reason I ask is I do normal Autocad work with the custom background color of 15,25,5 but often I need to change the background color to white to create jpg images directly from Autocad. But once I'm done with that I need to change the color by back to 15,25,5 for normal work.  So in the option menu I would like to see my custom color where you see the default colors of red, green, yellow, etc.

Is this possible ?

Thanks

AutoCad LT 2015
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: scoot28

OPTIONS command, Display Tab, tap that COLORS button and explore what you can and cannot change.
Message 3 of 5
scoot28
in reply to: pendean

Hey, thanks for the reply.  Yes, I know how to change my colors but I'm wondering if there's a way to permanently place my custom color in the first drop down menu where red, yellow, green is now?  So what's happening now is when I change my color to white and then later want to change it back to my custom color I have to go thru all the steps again like it's the first time selecting a true color of 15,25,5.

AutoCad LT 2015
Message 4 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: scoot28

No, there is no way to permanently add that as a default, AFAIK.

If you had AutoCAD instead of AutoCAD LT, you could use autolisp (or other programming API) to easily switch between any colors you want, w/o even going into Options.

Good luck.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 5
scoot28
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for that information

Yes,  there's a half a dozen or more tools in regular AutoCAD that could be very useful in LT.  Both it's not worth the cost difference to have that when you don't draw in 3D.  

But Thanks anyway.

Regards

Scott

AutoCad LT 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report