Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotated text will not post correctly. Please help?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
guymadison
991 Views, 23 Replies

Rotated text will not post correctly. Please help?

Using Autocad lt 2021. When I rotate a text and copy it, it will not paste at the point I selected. The paste ends up far from the selected point depending on the degree of rotation. Any thoughts? Thanks

Jeff

Labels (1)
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
pendean
in reply to: guymadison

If you want to control the "paste" point, you have to use COPYBASE command (CTRL+SHIFT+C) to "copy" them to the clipboard first from the exact point you wish to use while "pasting".

Message 3 of 24
guymadison
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your reply. However I run 2020 AutoCad lt at a second location and it copies and pastes rotated text just fine. This pc has v. 2021 and this problem occurs on and off. I can’t understand what is causing it. I know I can use a command to paste but in the interest of having to paste 30 to 40 contour elevation texts I would prefer if whatever I copy would quickly paste right where my mouse pointer is, not somewhere else on the plan.
Message 4 of 24
steven-g

What method are you using? And can you post screenshots showing us exactly what you are copying, single items multiple items text or mtext. Having tried it here 2021 LT it works just fine for both text and mtext using 'copyclip' and the Ctrl+v, but what I am using may be greatly different to what you are trying.

Message 5 of 24
pendean

Might be a good time to post a video from both computers to show us the difference: this free recorder from Autodesk installed in LT as an add-on if you want to try it (ensure you leave keyboard-entry on) https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/simplecontent/content/download-autodesk-screencast...
Message 6 of 24
guymadison
in reply to: pendean

https://autode.sk/3eyXnku

Above is my screenshot video. Did this work?

Message 7 of 24
cadffm

No, it is set as private...

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 8 of 24
guymadison
in reply to: cadffm

Sorry

New to this. I’ll see how I can un-privatize it

Message 9 of 24
guymadison

I think this might work.

Message 10 of 24
guymadison

Message 11 of 24
guymadison

Sorry for the double video posting. I didn't think the first post worked. Then, suddenly. it did.

Jeff

Message 12 of 24
steven-g

Look carefully at the extents of the blue grips when you highlight that first rotated text item. copy and pasting using the method you are using will paste using the lower left corner of an imaginary box drawn around the extents of all items selected, so even on a small text item if the actual grips are extended over a longer distance it is that area that will be used.

Grip extents.jpg

Message 13 of 24
guymadison
in reply to: steven-g

Yes I see what you are saying - that if I were to tighten blue grips then for each text I rotate, the pasting of the text will end up closer to my selected point. However, I do not want to have to adjust the blue grips for each and every rotated paste I have to make when on my pc running Autocad lt 2020, all the pastes, rotated or not, arrive at the selected point of my cursor and not anywhere else. I can't make a video of the other pc because I am in a different office until next week. Isn't there some command or cui or something that directs all pastes to arrive at the selected cursor point, not just text on the horizontal? 

But thank you for your suggest it can be a temporary fix. But I want my 2021 version to act the same as the 2020.

Anyone?

Message 14 of 24
steven-g

What you are seeing is the result of the geometry that you have selected, the left corner of the selection area for a horizontal text just happens to coincidentally be the lower-left corner of the actual text content. If you were to select a text item that had been rotated 'up' rather than 'down' then it would also behave better. To work with the items you are selecting you need to learn how to cooperate with AutoCAD and how AutoCAD behaves so in this case copy/paste is not the correct method, you need to use 'COPYBASE'' or Ctrl+Shift+C' and select the point you wish to use as the copy point, that is how the program is designed. If you don't tell AutoCAD which point you want to use then it will use it's own programming logic to select that point for you.

Message 15 of 24
guymadison
in reply to: steven-g

Thank you for your comments. But why am I able to post rotated text at the exact point of my cursor placement using v.2020?

Message 16 of 24
steven-g

Good question, unfortunately I don't know the answer to that, possibly a variable that has changed default between the two versions or some change to how the program works.

Message 17 of 24
cadffm

@guymadison 

Start a Supportcase or Feedback report to AutoDESK.

2021.0 & 2021.1 works this way..

For me - it 's a bug (what AutoDESK telling often 'as designed'),

start the support case to find out what it is in this case for AutoDESK.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 18 of 24
guymadison
in reply to: cadffm

OK just a follow up. I am at my other location and using AutoCad lt 2020 and you can see from this posted screencast the rotated text paste at the cursor point despite the lenght of the blue grid. However, notice that during the paste of the rotated text the text momentarily starts out far from the cursor then jumps to the cursor. But I agree that this must be a software issue. 

Message 19 of 24
guymadison

Message 20 of 24
guymadison

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report